CDL was founded in early 2003 by its current Managing Director Lucy Mmari.Within her 14 year tenure in a well established logistics company, She honed her skill in human resources management and thereafter started CDL.
Context / Scope: The trading environment of the FMCG category is changing from a pure commodity approach to brand and image building.
Key Accounts are slowly emerging, which will result in specialization and concentration of decision power.
To gain competitive advantage and to enhance brand, volume and profit performance the trade marketing and distribution organizations need to successfully implement the Company’s trade marketing and distribution standards.
The role of the Territory Management/development Representative is to manage his/her territory in order to achieve the brand availability, merchandising and promotion objectives of the area plan.
The territory management representatives will cover the retail outlets on the basis of a pre assigned route/plan.
Purpose of the role: To contribute to the performance of the Sales & Distribution organization by implementing and executing a Territory Sales & Distribution plan that meets brand, volume, merchandising and promotion objectives for each outlet in order to achieve the overall area or channel trade marketing objectives.
- Develop and implement a territory trade marketing plan which meets the objectives of the area trade marketing plan in the areas of brand, volume, merchandising and promotion.
- Ensure that the territory distribution objectives of brand availability, stock holding and stock rotation are achieved.
- Ensure that price is in line with the company strategy
- Implement promotions, develop and execute merchandising programs at POS with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance for the strategic brands.
- Provide market information and reports on performance of customers, brands and competition to ensure that the relevant marketing people are fully informed.
- Build loyalty by providing support to the trade through regular visits, accurate communication, problem solving, specialized advice and fair trade.
- Maintain accurate and relevant outlet information.
- To constantly monitor the achievement of yearly/cycle objectives through accurate reporting and feedback.
- Manage financial accounts, assigned assets and material to ensure that trade marketing resources are secure and used in the most efficient and effective manner possible.
In an environment where Direct Store Delivery activity is performed:
- Manage receivables and cash collection in line with the company policies and trading terms.
- Responsible for accurate invoicing procedures, materials or goods under his (her) control
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Good communicator
- Negotiating skills
- Ability to build and maintain customer relationships
- Team player
- High standard of presentation and appearance
- Product and market
- Supply chain and trade marketing principles
- Marketing standards
Key Success Factors
- Achievement of territory distribution, volume, merchandising and promotion targets
- Effective and efficient implementation of key account or outlet specific programs
- Accurate and well maintained outlets file
- Achievement of call frequency targets
- Effective and efficient trade coverage route plan
- Clear reports on market trends and competitors activities.
Job Challenges / Problem Solving
- The main challenge is to manage and implement a trade marketing plan for the territory that effectively promotes selling out.
- A challenge that is shared with the trade is to establish optimal product merchandising and brand visibility and to control the prices.
Barriers to Success in Role (Optional): Lack of flexibility / constraint supply/cross border trading
Method of Application
Qualified persons to apply at email@example.com
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted