If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Concern Worldwide is an international non-governmental humanitarian organization dedicated to the reduction of suffering and working towards the ultimate elimination of extreme poverty in the world’s poorest countries.
To provide strategic and technical leadership in the management of the logistics and transport functions.
Duties & Responsibilities:
Logistics, Procurement and Transport
- Lead in building the technical and organizational capacity of Concern and partners in developing and implementing logistics, procurement and transport policies, procedures and systems.
- Lead Concern’s procurement, transport and stores functions to ensure that they effectively and efficiently support Concern’s operations
- Develop new and review existing policies and procedures that are in place to ensure that they meet the needs of the programmes and dissemination to all staff
- Logistics budget preparation, analysis and administration and monitoring of expenditures
- Ensure proper management of all Concern’s assets through an efficient and effective inventory, storage and disposal system.
- Oversee customs clearance of goods
- Preparing of official correspondence and reports
- Oversee the documentation of the entire logistics function
- Monitoring for compliance with Concern’s policies, guidelines and procedures
Support to Field Offices and Senior Management
- Disseminate relevant information to field offices and management
- Monitor policy implementation and compliance to legislation
- Advise/mentor line managers on best practices
- Advise senior management and line managers on change management practices that impact on the logistics function
Representation and Compliance
- Represent Concern in meetings, serve on committees and tasks forces that are logistics related
- Monitor and report on any changes to government legislation affecting Concern
- Research on logistics issues, evaluate alternatives and make recommendations for action
Responding to Emergencies
- Participate and contribute as necessary towards Concern’s Emergency response as and when necessary
- Comply with Concern’s health, safety and security guidelines during emergencies
Programme Participant Protection Policy
- To adhere to the standards of conduct outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct.
- To support and promote the standards outlined in the Programme Participant Protection Policy and Concern Code of Conduct to their team, partner organisations and beneficiaries, and be committed to providing a safe working environment.
- To contribute to the establishment of preventive measures to reduce the potential for abuse in Concern programme (as per P4 section 6).
- Masters degree in logistics, supply chain management, procurement or other relevant degree and Advanced Diploma in CIPS with at least five (5) years’ experience in an NGO or
- Bachelor’s degree in logistics, supply chain management, procurement or other relevant degree and an advanced diploma in CIPS and at least seven (7) years’ experience in the NGO Sector
- Three (3) years’ experience in the NGO Sector is a must.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, planning, organizational, leadership and negotiation skills
- Confidentiality, integrity and ability to handle sensitive situations
- Proficient in the use of computer applications
This job description is not exhaustive and may be revised by the line manager from time to time.
Method of Application
Interested candidates, who meet the above requirements, should send a CV and cover letter only to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title of the email as ‘Senior Manager – Logistics and Transport’. The closing date for applications is Thursday, 10th August 2017.
Each application must include at least three referees who can validate technical expertise. Telephone contacts must be submitted with the application.
Candidates who had applied earlier need not reapply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview.