Social Accountability Programme Manager at Volunteer Service Overseas
Posted on: 29 July, 2017
Deadline: 9 August, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)
Voluntary Service Overseas (VSO) is an international development charity with a vision for a "world without poverty" and a mission to "bring people together to fight poverty". VSO recruits professionals to work as volunteers, living and working alongside local populations in developing countries. Founded in 1958, VSO has sent over 50,000 volunteer. As of 2015 VSO worked in 23 countries in Africa, Asia and the Pacific.
To lead on the development and effective delivery of VSO Kenya's Social Accountability programming and demonstrate VSO's dispersed leadership in volunteering for development approach.
Skills, qualifications and experience
- Leadership Experience representing at senior levels, building effective inter-organisational relationships, and working collaboratively with other organisations.
- Programme design and implementation. Experience of social accountability/governance programme design, implementation and Monitoring and Evaluation
- Project Management Excellent understanding of project cycle management tools and experience of organisational assessment, planning and review tools and processes.
- Policy, Social Accountability & Governance Knowledge of policy, governance, and social accountability issues which are common to communities in developing countries.
- Knowledge of Political economy analysis would be an asset
- Commitment to community-led development processes of social change. Understanding of participatory approaches to working with communities
- Strong understanding of rights based approach to development. Recognition of the role of power and politics (vested interests) in constraining locally-led change.
- Cross-Cultural Working Direct and substantial experience of working cross-culturally and able to communicate to a range of audiences and promote sharing and learning between cultures.
- Communication Strong verbal and written communication skills. Strong representation skills.
- High quality documentation Experience of preparing compelling, high quality documentation; concept notes & proposals, presentations, budgets, reports, etc) for different partner and donor audiences
- People Management & Supervision Line management experience, and proven ability to promote self-awareness, learning and development among individuals and project teams
- Also experience of working with volunteers.
- Planning and Organising Able to develop clear and realistic plans to deliver agreed objectives within deadlines, involving key individuals in the process.
- Budget Management Ability to manage budgets financial procedures
- IT (MS office) proficiency.
- Masters degree in Public Policy, Governance, Law, Development Studies or other relevant subject
- Training in Policy/Advocacy, fundraising, or M&E
- 4 years+ experience of community development /social accountability, or policy/governance work
- Able to travel, including work away from the home base for up to 50% of time, both within the country and occasionally internationally and some weekend and evening work.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO) career website on vso.secure.force.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Volunteer Service Overseas (VSO)Similar Jobs
- Job Opportunities at Henry Jackson Foundation Medical Research International
- Consultancy at UNICEF
- Humanitarian Programme Support Officer at Trócaire
- Project Development Officer at ACTED
- Regional Reproductive Health Officer at UN High Commissioner for Refugees
- Regional Anti-Corruption & Investigations Adviser at Norwegian Refugee Council
- Support Services Coordinator at Terre des hommes
- Career Opportunities at Oxfam