The Dow Chemical Co., commonly referred to as Dow, is an American multinational chemical corporation headquartered in Midland, Michigan, United States
The CDP is an intensive induction program to prepare young talent in becoming Dow’s next generation of account representatives. It is an opportunity to develop selling skills not just in a complex B2B market but also in a dynamic, multicultural environment. During the 7-9 months in the program, the successful candidate will go:
- Through a rigorous training curriculum to develop selling, negotiation and presentation skills to become Solutions Consultants to customers.
- Gain in-depth understanding of the Business’s portfolio and market through a project to identify growth opportunities.
- Learn from the best via job shadowing with senior sellers and networking opportunities with leaders.
- Acquire capabilities in utilizing leading-edge technologies to manage customer relationships and drive business.
- Get access to a coach for direct feedback and guidance.
- Connect with a vibrant team spread across Europe, Middle East, Africa and India.
The program is in preparation for a Sales career in Dow, where the successful candidate will gain an account management role after completing the program, to
- Manage own accounts to grow the business profitably and sustainably.
- Continuously assess business performance and market dynamics for opportunities and threats.
- Establish and nurture customer relationships, especially through travel, generating insights and executing go-to-market plans.
- Drive initiatives at the customer level via cross-functional teams and digital technologies.
- Be on top of own results.
The qualified candidate to be considered for this program, must:
- Have a Master’s Degree or equivalent, preferably in Technical/Chemistry/Engineering or Marketing/Business/Economics, preferably both.
- Have 0-3 years in Marketing or Sales.
- Be fluent in English, both written and spoken.
- Be proactive, with an entrepreneurial and results-driven attitude.
- Have excellent communication and persuasion skills.
- Be collaborative and have strong interpersonal skills, preferably with demonstrated leadership and networking skills in multicultural environments.
- Be an open-minded, inquisitive fast learner.
- Be a creative problem-solver, excited by new challenges.
- Be able to manage complexity and ambiguity, able to adapt to change quickly.
- Have an understanding of marketing and selling basics, like market factors, business performance indicators, value chain and sources of growth.
- Be technology-savvy, with a professional level of computer literacy, preferably with experience in digital marketing.
- Be open to frequent travel and occasional extended work hours.
- Have a valid driver’s license
Dow (NYSE: DOW) combines the power of science and technology to passionately innovate what is essential to human progress. The Company is driving innovations that extract value from material, polymer, chemical and biological science to help address many of the world's most challenging problems, such as the need for fresh food, safer and more sustainable transportation, clean water, energy efficiency, more durable infrastructure, and increasing agricultural productivity. Dow's integrated, market-driven portfolio delivers a broad range of technology-based products and solutions to customers in 175 countries and in high-growth sectors such as packaging, infrastructure, transportation, consumer care, electronics, and agriculture. In 2016, Dow had annual sales of $48 billion and employed approximately 56,000 people worldwide. The Company's more than 7,000 product families are manufactured at 189 sites in 34 countries across the globe. References to "Dow" or the "Company" mean The Dow Chemical Company and its consolidated subsidiaries unless otherwise expressly noted. More information about Dow can be found at http://www.dow.com/.
- Competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
- An annual variable pay program that rewards team and individual performance while sharing success across the company.
- Employee stock ownership - and the commitment to long-term success that it brings.
- On-going learning opportunities within a diverse, inclusive and rewarding work environment.
- Career experiences that can span different Dow businesses and functions with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- The chance to work within a global company and interact with colleagues from around the world.
- Opportunities that spark your imagination and ignite your passion to help others.
- Dow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Dow career website on www.dow.com to apply