If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The Save the Children
Fund, commonly known as Save the Children, is an international non-governmental organization that promotes children's rights, provides relief and helps support children in developing countries
Role Purpose: The Somalia/SL Country Office is at the forefront of real time information and data management through the exploration and piloting of technologically innovative concepts. This is in conjunction with the regional and global Save the Children organisation with a view to rolling the platforms out across multiple country programs. The GMIS Specialist will be responsible for integrating internal and external application data systems, and devising technological architectures to create globally appropriate solutions that are cost effective and compliant Save the Children standards. The role will ensure that the proposed solutions align with the organisation's strategy, mission and vision
Contract Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
Qualifications and Experience
- Computing degree - MSCS, MSIT or equivalent experience;
- 5 years' experience of designing technical systems applications to globally renowned humanitarian and development organisations in multiple complex and conflict related contexts.
- Extensive prior understanding of Save the Children's internal and external global structures.
- Experience managing, synthesizing and analysing emergency response data for 100M+ USD emergency responses.
- A proven ability to work on an enterprise level systems based on the Microsoft stack (Windows Server, .NET, SQL Server, IIS)
- Hands-on technical skills in the Microsoft BI stack, web development and C#.
- Extensive experience in: Frameworks for Enterprise Applications (ideally React / Redux), Node.js, Webpack, Babel and JS Test Frameworks (Enzyme, Mocha, Karma) CI, CD development environment, ideally with TeamCity and Octopus
- MS SharePoint development, customizing, workflows, Web Parts and Support Skills
- Knowledge of SQL Server BI and ETL processes (SSAS, SSRS, SSIS), T-SQL language skills, Scripting skills
- Experience with GIS data entry, manipulation, and presentation, as well as a familiarity with web-based interfaces in addition to thorough knowledge of ArcGIS and database management
- Ability to explain complex technical and non-technical information in a succinct and compelling manner to all levels of seniority
- Experience of solving complex business and technical issues through trouble shooting and analysis, defining a clear way forward and ensuring buy in
- Demonstrable ability to write high quality requirements / user stories
Ability to create compelling business cases with accurate cost and effort estimations
Experience with UX/UI design including wireframe and rapid prototype development
In depth understanding of various software development methodologies (e.g. Agile, Waterfall)
- Extensive knowledge of fundamental analysis methodologies/tools, including UML, use cases, process, and information flows
- Application testing and planning skills
- Ability to establish, implement, and enforce appropriate MIS-GIS standards to meet business requirements
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Save the Children career website on savethechildren.taleo.net to apply