Operations Manager at Essilor International
Posted on: 1 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Healthcare / Medical
View All Jobs at Essilor
International S.A. is a French company that produces ophthalmic lenses along with ophthalmic optical equipment. It is based in Charenton-le-Pont, France, and quoted on the Euronext Paris Stock Exchange.
The position will report to Managing Director.
- Handle full spectrum of lab functions/production i.e. Surfacing, Coatings, Glazing, QC.
- Responsible for timely delivery of jobs in terms of the agreed turnaround time.
- Set process flows and ensure adherence.
- Achievement of daily, weekly and monthly KPIs and targets.
- Responsible for timely and correctly ordering of all Inventories of lenses, consumables, final packaging materials to ensure continuous availability.
- Ensure preventive maintenance of all the lab equipment in terms of the servicing and maintenance schedules provided by the supplier or technical teams.
- Set up periodic training of technical staff for them to understand the process and to keep abreast with new technology and products.
- Assist sales and CS team to understand to understand technical aspects in ordering and specifications required to ensure inflow of correct orders in the lab.
- Key Performance Indicators include:
- Timely and Quality delivery on daily output of jobs
- Monthly reports on volumes, operations and yields.
- Yields to be in line with Essilor standards
- Minimizing breakdowns and operational efficiency by periodic maintenance of lab equipment and ancillary machines.
- Monthly closing Binder with Signed off BS Reconciliations
- Bachelors Degree or Diploma engineering or related fields.
- Min 3-5 year’s relevant experience in an Optical Surfacing Lab.
- Excellent strategic planning skills and able to interact with all levels.
- Good MS Office skills particularly strong capabilities in MS Excel.
- Able to work independently and highly meticulous.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to support and interact at all levels of organization.
- Fluent in English both written and spoken.
- All employees have a responsibility to contribute to the Group’s sustainability and in doing so ensure that we can continue to fulfil our mission of improving lives by improving sight.
- All business decisions and actions must serve and be in line with the Group’s sustainability goals and mission.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Essilor career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about EssilorSimilar Jobs
- Regulatory Affairs Specialist at Medtronic
- Nurses at Catholic Hospital Wamba - 4 Positions
- Efficient Supply Chain Assistant at Penda Health
- Job Opportunities at SHARP Study - 7 Positions
- Research Program Coordinator at Jacaranda Health
- Career Opportunities at Living Goods
- Career Opportunities at The Nairobi Hospital - 5 Positions
- Asset Management Officer at Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation