User Experience Designer at The NIC Bank Kenya
Posted on: 2 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at NIC Bank Kenya
NIC Bank, whose full name is National Industrial Credit Bank, is a commercial bank in Kenya, the largest economy in the East African Community.
- To work collaboratively across the bank’s business, operational units and business partners in creating and improving digital products and services. This will be done through conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into sitemaps, wireframes and prototypes.
- To play an integral role in the design and overall functionality of the digital products to ensure a great user experience.
- To ensure Customer Satisfaction and Net Promoter Score are increased through our customers’ interactions with our digital products and services.
User Experience Design
- Translate concepts into wireframes and mockups that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Facilitate bank’s product visions by researching, conceiving, wire framing, sketching, prototyping, and mocking up user experiences for digital products.
- Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
- Identify digital design problems and devise solutions.
- Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core and new functions and features.
- Take a user-centered design approach and test digital product functionalities before roll out and on a continuous basis.
- Analyzing user feedback and activity to enhance the user experience for existing and new digital products.
- Create, maintain and share, User Interface guidelines and assets.
- Coordinate content development for any digital product or service that needs it.
- Provide mapping of cross product graphic/content design.
- Conducting competitor and customer analysis.
- Develop strategies to increase the quality and efficiency of our digital products and services.
- Develop challenging digital quality metrics across the bank and monitor performance.
- Contribute to product development and improvement through continuous feedback analysis collected through the process and product evaluations.
Leadership and People Development
- Build, develop and motivate a high performance team committed to success.
- Set challenging performance objectives and measures for for the team and provide regular feedback and honest assessment on achievement.
- Train, guide and provide leadership, direction and pace to the team.
- Be a role model for the team, performing my duties wholeheartedly.
- Invest in self development.
Job Specifications (Ideal):
- Bachelor’s degree in visual design, communications, computer science or psychology or human computer interaction.
- Three or more years of UX design experience. Preference will be given to candidates who have experience designing complex solutions for complete digital environments.
- Expertise in UX software such as InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq, Framer.js, Quartz Composer.
- Must have a solid understanding of graphic design and web technologies, and of wire framing tools such as Axure RP and Balsamiq.
- A good grasp of design programs and tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Fireworks and InVision is necessary.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Ability to quickly grasp and understand systems and keen to detail.
- Technology Skills: must have the ability to quickly adapt to new technologies and a willingness to keep their skills and industry knowledge current.
- Strategic thinking with a good understanding and application of commercial and financial principles and view of issues in terms of costs, profits, risks, markets and added value.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to effectively manage and deliver on multiple deliverables; organize and schedule events; activities and resources and set up/monitor timescales and plans Ability to plan and organize self and work in order to achieve objectives and targets and able to overcome obstacles and move forward.
- Results and Achievement Oriented: strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others she leads.
- Personal Ethics: Proactive, confident, energetic and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
- Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behaviour and work practices but always Win/Win.
- Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
- Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership Skills, Team Building, Organizational skills and ability to train, develop and mentor staff and lead motivated teams.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about NIC Bank KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Gold Avenue Africa Limited
- Career Opportunities at Britam - 4 Positions
- Managerial Role at UAP Old Mutual Group
- Fixed Income Securities Trader at Citibank
- Investment Analyst at International Finance Corporation
- Office Administrator at Kenbright Actuarial and Financial Services (KAFS)
- Senior Relationship Manager at NIC Bank Kenya
- Customer Centre Agents at Sheer Logic