If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
National Bank is a major player in Kenya’s banking industry. It is one of the largest banks in the country giving financial services to all sectors of the economy. The bank will continue to cover the financial landscape and respond positively to the needs of its customers, shareholders and the economy besides offering traditional financial services and products.
Position Scope: The successful candidate will be responsible for marketing and managing Growing Business customer relationships through a pro-active and consultative approach and detailed understanding of existing and new customers’ business to enhance profit.
- Initiate marketing and credit calls with existing and potential customers, record all customer calls, and undertake periodic review of accounts under his/her portfolio.
- Manage and grow the existing asset and liability portfolio to protect the Bank’s exposure and maximize returns in a manner consistent with the Bank’s Business strategy and in line with policy.
- Aggressively market for low cost deposits, current & savings accounts from business customers.
- Review and analyze credit applications, including company financials and all risks affecting a company, and recommend appropriately for approval.
- Work with Credit Analysts to recommend the most appropriate facility structure/product solutions to meet individual customer needs.
- Assist in the Banks efforts to combat money laundering by staying alert and adhering to the key principles in relation to knowing your customer, reporting suspicious transactions and safeguarding customer records.
- Evaluate and acquire a good understanding of the risks associated with individual transactions, products and customers e.g. excesses.
- Provide feedback to Bank management and colleagues regarding customer needs, bank products, customer complaints etc.
- Foster effective working partnerships with customers and other support functions.
Skills & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in a business related field
- At least three (3) years banking experience preferably in relationship management
- Good knowledge of Banks products, services, procedures and policies, especially KYC & Anti-Money Laundering procedures.
- Formal training in relationship management & credit/lending knowledge is an added advantage
- Experience in a sales / customer service environment will be an added advantage
- Strong negotiation, persuasion & presentation skills
- Good interpersonal & communication skills (oral & written)
- Customer oriented & team player
- Demonstrate high integrity and ethical standards
Method of Application
Send your CV and application letter showing how you meet the role requirement stated above to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7th August, 2017.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stage/s of the process