is an education management and collaboration platform that uses innovative learning strategies and mobile technology to connect and engage the parents, schools, and communities educating learners in lower income areas. We envision a world where every child, no matter their background, may achieve success thanks to their learning community’s participation in, understanding, and growth of their whole learning experience.
Content Associates should have experience in planning and delivering the Kenyan primary school curriculum, preferably as a current / former primary school teacher.
They should have an understanding of how to ensure that learners of all levels and abilities achieve each topic and learning objective.
They should be well versed in daily lesson scheming, creating class and subject exams, differentiating instruction, and analyzing lesson impact.
About M-Shule Mobile Education: M-Shule is the first adaptive, mobile learning management platform designed to improve performance for the 144 million primary school students across Sub-Saharan Africa.
M-Shule’s tech-enabled commercial services create and deliver quality educational content tailored for each child, analyze student progress, and empower learning communities through SMS and web.
M-Shule is piloting in 2017 across primary schools in Nairobi, Kenya that teach more than 12,000 students.
From there M-Shule will scale to impact millions of children and learning communities around the African continent and the world. Find out more on our website, Facebook, or Twitter.
Key responsibilities include:
- Conduct in-depth editing and review of M-Shule content, following our content guidelines, as lessons are created by a remote team of Content Developers.
- Engage with Content Developers and the Content Director to ensure all lessons are in line with the curriculum, are of high quality, and achieve our program goals.
- Prepare content for upload into the M-Shule learning system.
- Support the Content Director in reviewing, analyzing, and understanding content effectiveness while developing new ideas to better educate our learners.
You will succeed in this role if you:
- Are enthusiastic and excited about the opportunities in new technologies in education, and want to bring that to as many learners as possible.
- Have taught in a primary school classroom, with experience in delivering the 8-4-4 curriculum to a variety of learners and supporting them in achieving subject mastery.
- Are extremely detail-oriented and motivated to ensure every single element in your work is correct and high-quality.
- Are a reliable independent worker. You get things done on time, you can set and maintain your own schedule, and you are proactive in coordinating with the rest of the team to get results.
- Have amazing research and communication skills, from comparing a variety of resources to improve learning, to writing reports, to using data to make decisions.
- Can easily use Microsoft Office, email, and other computer programs to get work done.
- Enjoy coming up with new ideas and solving problems as part of a team.
- This is a 2-month contract position that will begin at the end of August 2017 and last until end of October 2017. The contract then has the opportunity to be extended or transition into a full-time position based on performance.
- Initial compensation will be set at net Sh20,000 per month plus field transportation reimbursement if applicable.
- The role has many opportunities for growth – you will work directly with the executive team, learn education innovation and design-thinking skills, and contribute enormously to the success of a startup that will change millions of students’ lives. We care about building a strong and enthusiastic long-term team and will work with you to find more opportunities to grow as we grow.
Method of Application
Application deadline is 10th August 2017 at 5pm. Submit your CV and cover letter to email@example.com
The subject of your application email should read “[Your Full Name] – Content Associate Application”. Your cover letter should include the answers to these questions:
- Why are you excited about technology and education?
- Why do you think you will succeed in this role?
- What experiences have you had in the past that will help you succeed in this role?
If you pass the first screening, we will then invite you to complete a quick sample task. You may be then called in for an in-person interview.