Sales Manager at Kenya Airways
Posted on: 3 August, 2017
Deadline: 13 August, 2017
View Jobs in Aviation / Airline
View All Jobs at Kenya Airways
, the leading African airline flying to more African destinations than any other carrier, takes pride in being at the forefront of connecting Africa to the world and the World to Africa through its hub Nairobi Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
Brief Posting Description
Deliver profitable revenue for Kenya by selling the KQ products, services and network by penetrating the business and leisure market segments through the direct and indirect sales channels.
- Analyze market performance, identify the gaps and roll out long and short term plans to meet the revenue objectives .
- Set up account development plans to grow share and revenue by selling brand and network benefits.
- Penetrate the business and leisure market segments to retain and grow revenue.
- Exploit identified market opportunities to achieve share and revenue growth.
- Maintain competitive structural and tactical pricing that maximizes revenue, yield and market share.
- Roll out trade incentive schemes and corporate discount schemes to drive revenue growth, build loyalty and long term brand affinity.
- In conjunction with Area Manager, Marketing Manager, Pricing and Market Support Manager, agree on advertising and market activities plans geared towards supporting the revenue delivery activities.
- Grow internet sales by promoting the Lead and manage direct reports in a way that recognizes rewards and motivates to be the best team.
- Coach the team with a view to continuous improvement using performance management and training to achieve set targets.
- Ensure provision of high customer service levels in our sales shops and responsiveness to our trade partners to achieve a minimum of 80% customer satisfaction leading to repeat business.
- Reduce CRS costs to ensure reduction in cost of sale.
- Put in place control measures to ensure the expenditure is within budget.
- Ensure health and safety standards are adhered to for a safe working environment.
- Build and maintain market presence in business and leisure travel segments while focusing on key relationships with the trade, corporate customers and government.
- Ensure effective account management i.e. setting smart objectives, effective call planning and reporting.
- Provide monthly market performance reports highlighting reasons for the delivered performance and disseminate information on opportunities for new routes, increase of frequency to build new traffic flows.
- Participate in the preparation of revenue budgets to ensure Company needs are matched with market reality.
- Manage the teams’ performance towards meeting the set annual goals and targets.
- Work cross functionally and participate in meetings with Revenue Management, Business Performance and Marketing towards meeting the overall company goals and attaining improvements for the business and excellent customer care.
- Implement debt control measures to prevent loss to the Company.
- University Degree in Commerce or related field
- Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- 5 years airline experience of which 2 should have been in a management position
Skills and Competencies
- High Level Influencing skills
- Excellent People Management Skills
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Highly developed interpersonal and negotiating skills
- Leadership Skills
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Kenya Airways career website on irecruitment.kenya-airways.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Kenya AirwaysSimilar Jobs
- Airport Services Supervisor at Qatar Airways
- Kenya Airways Internships Program 2017
- Latest Recruitment at Timbis Air Services