Insurance Business Development Officer at Janta Kenya
Posted on: 3 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Janta Kenya
is a HR Consultancy firm established with an objective of encompassing integral and necessary skills that most individuals and organizations need in everyday business. We have a team of professional HR consultants with extensive experience in all people management issues, and we are therefore well placed to offer advice for private, public and not-for-profit organisations.
To prospect, acquire and retain Group Risks and Retirement Benefits Business within the in line with the set Company targets and standards.
Insurance Business Development Officer Job Responsibilities
- Gaining new business by identifying and exploiting new business opportunities in the market;
- Looking for and opening new Group Risks and Retirement Benefits markets,
- Providing competitive quotations to prospects,
- Consulting on the most effective cover for a particular need, while taking a number of factors into account,
- Setting up meetings, preparing and delivering presentations to potential clients.
- Developing and maintaining good working relationships with intermediaries and existing customers.
- Training and supporting intermediaries in respect of retirement benefit schemes and group risks.
- Introducing new products and promoting them through regular visits and frequent communication with intermediaries, existing clients and prospects.
- Ensuring credibility with clients by maintaining detailed knowledge of current market conditions and competitors’ products.
- Delivering good customer service by responding swiftly to queries and concerns from clients.
- Attending service meetings of Group Risks customers.
- Attending meetings for trustees/AGMs and providing education on retirement plans to scheme members.
- Providing management with market feedback and intelligence.
- Monitoring and reporting on performance against agreed sales and retention targets.
- Preparing regular management reports.
Requirements for the Insurance Business Development Officer Job
- An undergraduate degree in a business or social science related field.
- Have ACII or IIK qualification or demonstrate significant progress towards attainment of the same.
- At least 4 years’ experience in marketing of life and pensions solutions to corporates and organized groups.
Good business sense.
- Appreciable understanding of the Kenya insurance market, the prevailing business environment and products by the competition.
- Good communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-motivated but able to work as part of a team.
- Good organizational and time-management skills.
- Positive attitude, self-motivated, self-driven and able to work with minimal supervision.
- Good negotiation skills and persuasiveness.
- Confidence presenting to large groups of people.
- Trustworthiness and discretion when handling confidential information.
- A smart appearance and professional manner.
Method of Application
If qualified kindly send you CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Janta KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Risk Analyst for the Health Financing Programme in Kenya at Options Consultancy Services
- Senior Economic Policy Advisor at DAI Kenya
- Sales Manager at CA Global Africa
- Director of Evaluation at Kantar Public Africa
- Managerial Role at Energy 4 Impact
- Latest Jobs at People Foco
- Latest Recruitment at Janta Kenya
- Stakeholder Engagement Specialist at Tetra Tech