East African Breweries Limited (EABL) is East Africa's leading branded alcohol beverage business with an outstanding collection of brands that range from beer, spirits and adult non alcoholic drinks (ANADs) reaffirming our standing as a total adult beverage (TAB) company. With breweries, distilleries, support industries and a distribution network across the region, the group's diversity is an important factor in delivering the highest quality brands to East African consumers and long-term value to East African investors. As a consumer driven business EABL takes time to study the market and understand consumer needs and wants as well as how best to satisfy them. That is why we constantly invest in innovating and renovating our brands to stay at par with dynamic consumer trends. This goes hand in hand with our Vision to be the most celebrated business in Eastern Africa.
EABL is the leading Drinks Company in Eastern Africa with a wide portfolio of products in various categories of beer, spirits, glass, barley, malt and other non-alcoholic drinks. EABL is quoted in all the three East African Stock exchanges and has operations across East Africa
- Market Complexity
The role will have functional line responsibility to the Customs & Tax Manager and give support to the various functions across KBL Supply chain while working closely with both the KBL Finance and Group Tax team in achieving the KBL Tax Compliance Agenda.
However as part of a small team there is a high degree of self-sufficiency required in the role with direct accountability to help deliver initiatives for various stakeholders.
- Leadership and Functional Responsibilities
- The role will support the Customs & Tax Manager in providing leadership and direction to the business (e.g. Production, logistics, Customer Service, Procurement, marketing, tax team) and senior management) on various Customs and Tax issues.
- Implementing the KBL Tax agenda, minimizing tax risks relating to imports and exports of raw materials and finished goods, licensing, duty remission schemes and exemption programmes, reconciliation and retirement of bonds, excise duty, excise stamps management and other direct and indirect tax areas with a key focus on compliance.
Purpose of Role
- As part of the KBL Finance tax team, provide technical support and guidance on KBL Customs and Tax matters.
- Streamline tax processes and set up controls on tax risks and opportunities.
- Work closely with the Supply Chain, Legal and Corporate Relations and the wider EABL team in implementing various regulatory issues impacting the business.
- 1st degree in business related studies
- 2-3 years post qualification experience within a tax function in a multinational (preferred), a tax advisory firm or Revenue Authority (Customs)
- Experience in taxation within Eastern Africa
- Application of tax knowledge to commercial agenda
- Experience in working with multi-faceted teams, ability to coach others towards achieving set goals, and influencing skills at a senior level
- Sound judgment regarding acceptable levels of tax risk
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Guinness career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply