Architect at JUMO.WORLD
Posted on: 3 August, 2017
Deadline: 31 August, 2017
View Jobs in ICT / Telecommunication
View All Jobs at Jumo World
JUMO is a platform that provides transaction and predictive technology for Mobile Network Operators and Banks.
The successful candidate will have a unique opportunity to build a high volume, highly reliable platform while demonstrating technical leadership for more junior developers. You will be a strong technical leader who is able to operate in a high performing team, can creatively balance high quality delivery with customer focus to meet business needs, has excellent communications skills and a proven track record of delivering results in an aggressive and fastpaced environment.
- Design, implement and support Jumo’s platform
- Actively participate in and contribute to architectural and technical stack choices
- Recommend and implement technical solutions in a phased approach to migrate customers and add partners on to the Jumo platform.
- Diagnose and correct problems with production services
- Interact with Product Managers, Channel Managers, partners and business stakeholders to define platform requiremen
- Lead small teams of engineers.
- Drive agile project planning process
- Mentor junior engineers
- Make Jumo a destination for world class engineering talent
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related field Understanding of basic financial and accounting concepts.
- 10+ years of experience designing, developing and testing software services
- 7+ years of experience with Ruby, Python, Java or Scala
- 5+ years of experience with Linux or MacOS
- 5+ years of experience using Agile development methodologies
- Hands on experience with the design and development of high volume, highly reliable services
- Experience integrating real-time machine learning/AI/decision optimization in a big-data (HDFS+Map-Reduce) environment is highly desirable
- Experience working in Amazon Web Service environments (EC2, Elastic Beanstalk) is highly desirable.
Skills, knowledge and competencies
- Strong track record of personal leadership and initiative
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and designs
- Self starter
- Problem solver
- Fast learner Leader
- Can do attitude
- Inquisitive and eager to learn
- Sense of humor
- Ability to travel for meetings and training to countries such as Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, Zambia and Ghana
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Jumo World career website on careers.jumo.world to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Jumo WorldSimilar Jobs
- Job Opprotunities at Andela - 3 Positions
- Career Opportunities at Andela
- Regional Security Coordinator at Telkom
- Career Opportunities at Safaricom Kenya
- Business Development Representative at Oracle
- Services Sales Executive at Dell
- Business Development Support at Visa