IT Operations Manager at Komaza
Posted on: 3 August, 2017
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at Komaza Kenya
Komaza works to unlock the potential of small-scale farmers to solve Africa's wood supply crisis. Collectively, small farmers possess limitless land and labor resources to plant billions of trees. Komaza provides farmers with support across the forestry value chain, from seedlings to sawmills. With a dramatically lower-cost and more-scalable forestry model, our vision is to become Africa’s largest forestry company, growing an environmentally-sustainable wood supply and generating truly life-changing income for millions of farmers.
- Work with senior leadership to maintain a forecast and budget for IT asset demands; this will be for the coming year/quarter/month.
- Plan for massive expansion and IT field support impromptu demands.
- Design and improve the internal asset fleet specifications based on user requirements; the requirements would be derived from regular user interviews.
- Manage the purchase of hardware and software products through the procurement department; the orders must be placed in a timely manner with clear justifications.
- Improve and manage asset tracking systems to ensure that company assets are issued and maintained responsibly.
- Manage the overhaul of Komaza’s entire network infrastructure.
- Ensure that Komaza’s internet is running consistently, smooth and fast.
- Oversee the troubleshooting of system issues and respond to escalated support incidents.
- Author as well as implement training around common computer, phone and software issues.
- Hire and manage a growing team of IT service delivery specialists.
- Maintain the quality of service by managing all IT support activities.
- Develop and report on the IT service delivery key performance indicators.
- Maintain a secure work environment and motivate staff by developing personal growth opportunities.
Information Security and Management
- Define, maintain and implement systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery procedures.
- Define, maintain and implement network as well as information security and control structures.
Does this sound like you?
- Eager and independent learner
- People person and team leader
- IT Hardware/Software Administration professional
- IT Asset Management expert
- IT Policy framework development and implementation know-how
- Appreciative of start-up environments
- Attentive to detail
- Data management proficient
- Reason from ‘first principles’ rather than by analogy
- Have a BSc. Computer Science / Information systems
- Cisco certified
- Willing and able to relocate to Kilifi
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Komaza Kenya career website on www.linkedin.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Komaza KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Sales Managers at Allure Animal Health Ltd
- Job Vacancy at DuPont
- Public Relations & Customer Service Executive at Barletta Holdings
- VP of Finance at Komaza Kenya
- Chief Accountant at FarmDrive
- Recruiter at Monsanto Company