If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Georgetown University, founded in 1789 in Washington DC in the USA, is a Jesuit university committed to both teaching and research at the highest levels. Consistent with these traditions and its commitment to global development, the university established the Georgetown University Initiative on Innovation, Development and Evaluation, gui2de, which conducts empirical field-based research to assess the impact and effectiveness of interventions and policies aimed at empowering individuals to improve their lives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
As a receptionist you will be the first point of contact for gui²de East Africa and you will provide administrative support across the organization.
You will handle the flow of people through the business and ensure that all receptionist responsibilities are completed accurately and delivered with high quality and in a timely manner.
- Serve visitors by greeting, welcoming, directing, registering, and announcing them appropriately
- Maintain security by following procedures and controlling access (monitor logbook, issue visitor badges)
- Establish a clean, safe, orderly, and friendly office environment
- Answer, screen, and forward any incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed
- Receive and sort daily mail/deliveries/couriers
- Perform other clerical receptionist duties such as filing, photocopying, collating, faxing, etc
- Purchase weekly office needs such as water, notebooks, and general office supplies
- Support the office and ensure that daily activities run smoothly and efficiently
- Handle general administrative duties
Skills and Qualifications
- Diploma in related field /secretarial training
- 2 years minimum experience in a similar role.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Swahili
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Professional appearance
- Solid communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to be resourceful and proactive in dealing with issues that may arise
- Ability to organize, multitask, prioritize and work under pressure
Method of Application
Please send a cover letter and detailed CV, 2 references, daytime phone number(s), and email address.
Your CV should include your scores or grades and other measures of academic achievement, and details about any relevant work experience and languages spoken fluently to this email: gui2deEA@georgetown.edu
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis
Application deadline is the 17th of August 2017.