Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an international non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality and works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs. CRS has been helping poor, vulnerable families improve their lives through orphans and vulnerable children, agriculture, health, microfinance, and WASH programming in Kenya since 1965.
The Grants and Compliance Manager will work as an integral part of the Mwendo Project and will provide overall management of sub-grants, trainings in program and finance management, offer support to consortium partners and local implementing partners on sub-grant management and assist in reviewing sub-grants agreements.
The incumbent will be responsible for managing programmatic and financial compliance with donor guidelines. S/he will assist in the budget development process and perform budget analysis duties as assigned by the Finance Manager or his/her designee.
The Grants & Compliance Manager will be involved in developing and embedding best practice to comply with donor financial rules, supporting donor proposal budgeting, analysis of institutional income, donor contract expenditure tracking, monitoring and providing management information on key risks, contributing to the implementation of improved financial systems and processes to facilitate better donor reporting and compliance.
· Review donor and partner agreements ensuring the financial terms and conditions are compatible with CRS systems and guidelines and are favorable to quality implementation and reporting.
· Ensure all project expenditures and contracts follow terms and conditions of donor agreements.
· Ensure financial and programmatic compliance of the grant to contractual obligations, donor requirements and CRS policies.
· Assist with the preparation of standard grant agreements for consortium partners /sub-grantees.
· Ensure that all stakeholders understand their financial and programmatic obligations under the grant agreement and have systems in place to support these obligations.
· Prepare and implement a training and follow-up program to all project staff and stakeholders to strengthen their financial and management capabilities and fulfill their grant obligations.
· Actively facilitate the development of a financial system that will meet donor and CRS requirements and provide the two-way flow of information between program management and partners to ensure responsible management.
· Work closely with project and partners’ staff to compile and submit timely quarterly reports and assist the Finance Manager in the financial oversight and reporting of the project's sub-grants.
· Actively monitor partner performance with regard to meeting agreement obligations and keep the Finance Manager apprised of all issues and concerns.
· Prepare grant quarterly cash forecasts.
· Render support in the review of liquidation reports and partner advances within the sub-grant budgets ensuring that all liquidations are processed per grant and CRS guidelines.
· Develop and maintain a good working relationship with consortium and local implementing partners’ personnel.
· Support the Finance Manager in the monitoring of the project's management and financial activities.
· Ensure the maintenance of all files, records and documents relating to CRS' program and projects within the program portfolio.
· Supervise and provide guidance to Grants and Compliance Officers.
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Serves with Integrity
• Models Stewardship
• Cultivates Constructive Relationships
• Promotes Learning
Competencies Relevant for the Specific Position:
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by the Grants & Compliance Manager to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results:
· Training/coaching skills;
· Strong conceptual and analytical skills;
· Ability to work independently, think innovatively and strategically, and work effectively within a team;
· Flexibility in tasks undertaken;
· Ability to work under pressure and deadlines;
· Strategic thinking and vision;
· Strong financial/budget management skills required.
Supervisory Responsibilities (if none, state none):
Grants & Compliance Officer
Key Working Relationships:**
Internal: Mwendo Leadership; Head of Programs, CRS Kenya Programming, Finance, Procurement, and HR/Administration teams.
External: Donors, OVC Program consortium members and implementing partners, government ministries, and other stakeholders.
Required Qualifications and Experience:**
· Experience leading or participating in USAID financial compliance audits
· Hands on experience reviewing in complex contracts and agreements
· Experience setting up and managing USAID compliance monitoring systems, developing and implementing relevant tools
Skills and Abilities
Required Foreign Language:**
The Grants & Compliance Manager will be based in Kisumu but will be expected to travel to the Mwendo program areas.
This job description is not an exhaustive list of the skill, effort, duties, and responsibilities associated with the position.
Written applications indicating the reference number of position applied for and CV including day-time contact phone numbers, as well as names and contact information of three references should reach the below-mentioned by Close of Business Monday, August 14, 2017.
Human Resources Manager
Catholic Relief Services – Kenya Program
E-mail : email@example.com
Note: Catholic Relief Services (CRS) does not charge any fees from applicants for any recruitment. Further, CRS has not retained any agent in connection with this recruitment