If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ACTED is a French humanitarian NGO, founded in 1993, which supports vulnerable populations, affected by humanitarian crises worldwide. ACTED provides continued support to vulnerable communities by ensuring the sustainability of post-crisis interventions and engaging long-term challenges facing our target populations, in order to break the poverty cycle, foster development and reduce vulnerability to disasters. Their 3,300 staff is committed in to responding to emergencies worldwide, to supporting recovery and rehabilitation, towards sustainable development.
I. Position profile
Under the supervision and guidance of the Project Manager, the Project Officer will be responsible for ensuring that projects’ activities are fully implemented in accordance with proposals, according to ACTED rules and regulations and donor requirements in Somalia.
- Follow up the implementation project activities in Somalia to ensure the project is completed in a timely and accountable manner
- Ensure that ACTED actions are ethnically fair and proportionate.
- Coordinate with the field team in Somalia and other departments to prepare and implement project monitoring and evaluation plans.
- Set up, plan, supervise and monitor the project at the field level to ensure the successful implementation of all projects activities, the generation of planned outputs and attainment of key project objectives.
- Receive monthly reports from Field Project officers, review and refine before sharing with Programme Manager
- Help in development and updating of monthly Project Management Framework (PMF) sheets to ensure smooth tracking of the assigned projects
- Periodically monitor and update Beneficiary database of the projects and update in the events of re-targeting before finally sharing with Programme Manager and compliance as well as other interested departments
- Ensure all activities undertaken are appropriately documented (agreement/MOUs with relevant authorities in Somalia, attendance sheets and training circular, beneficiary Registration lists, work plans and accounts when relevant etc)
- Coordinate with AME departments in alerting them on all planned monitoring activities of the projects and create smooth work relationship
- Liaise with field project officers in providing necessary technical support in reporting and implementation of project activities
- Budget and monitor project expenditures to ensure they are in line with ACTED and donor requirements.
- Liaise with other departments to coordinate procurement and other needs for project implementation and organization base support
- Produce departmental internal report on weekly and monthly basis
- Provide internal reporting as requested from coordination and line management
- Accurately manage payrolls for beneficiaries ahead of cash transfers.
- Perform other duties as requested by supervisor
- III. Requested profile
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Development studies, Social science or other relevant discipline
- Project management experience in Donor Funded Projects
- Demonstrated experience in project management in an NGO/INGO is highly preferable.
- Experience with SCOPE system will be a plus
- Able to manage a high workload and meet tight deadlines
- Hands On experience in report writing
- Prior significant humanitarian work experience is an added advantage
- Ability and willing to travel in Somalia
- Flexibility and ability to multi-task under pressure;
- Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
- Good inter-personal skills, commitment and motivation
- Fluent in Somali and English
Method of Application
Qualified persons with the required skills are invited to submit their applications (most updated CV and cover letter) by or before 11th August 2017. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage.
Please note that only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACTED will at no stage of recruitment process request candidate to make payments of any kind. Further, ACTED has not retained any agent in connection with recruitment.
ACTED is an Equal Opportunity Employer.