Marketing Manager at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Posted on: 7 August, 2017
Deadline: 11 August, 2017
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at Co-operative Bank of Kenya
The Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank's Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Reporting to the CEO, the position will be based in Nairobi with extensive travel to other parts of the country.
Marketing Manager Job Responsibilities
Business Development and Planning
- Prospect for new clients and turn into increased business, Identify and prioritize attractive market opportunities by identifying and analysing market segments, market size, industry trends, market needs, competition, product usage and profit potential;
- Marketing and selling the Society’s products both BOSA and FOSA to the members and potential members and making presentations to institutions in support of various commercial services and products;
- Prepare the Marketing Department annual budget in coordination with the Finance Department and Develop strategies to position Sacco Products, services and market positions to take advantage of identified market opportunities and to differentiate the Sacco from competition;
- Submit weekly marketing progress reports and ensure data is accurate to the CEO.
Management and Market Research
- Develop and administer comprehensive marketing plans for the SACCO within the approved annual budgets and conduct market research/studies for the SACCO, analyse results, and present a timely written report where workable recommendations are made to management;
- Represent the Society in any forum as directed by the Chief Executive Officer or Board of Directors.
- Write and Produce the Sacco newsletter, marketing brochures and other relevant marketing materials among other roles.
- Manage the human resource in the marketing department.
Requirements for the Marketing Manager Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Commerce or equivalent;
- Minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar position;
- Professional Membership to Marketing Society of Kenya and a professional qualification in CIM is an added advantage.
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Excellent ability to grow the business;
- Certificate of Good Conduct.
Method of Application
If you are interested in this position, kindly download and complete the questionnaire below and submit as per the instructions contained therein by 11th August 2017.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Co-operative Bank of KenyaSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Gold Avenue Africa Limited
- Career Opportunities at Britam - 4 Positions
- Managerial Role at UAP Old Mutual Group
- Fixed Income Securities Trader at Citibank
- Investment Analyst at International Finance Corporation
- Office Administrator at Kenbright Actuarial and Financial Services (KAFS)
- Senior Relationship Manager at NIC Bank Kenya
- Customer Centre Agents at Sheer Logic