Administration responsibilities to include:
· Manages all correspondence within and outside the organization concerning financial and administrative matters for the respective location.
· Perform all office administration duties including quotation requests, purchase order follow-ups, stationery supplies,
· Perform general clerical duties to include but not limited to: photocopying, faxing, mailing, filing, scanning and binding.
· Ensuring day to day smooth function of Illeret Office. This includes making shopping lists to replenish supplies of consumables, checking cleanliness of the office, reporting broken equipment for repair, etc.
· Petty cash management.
· Oversee store management.
· Oversee all administrative filing and records, and archiving.
· Provide support to the office in all other administrative matters.
· Supervise the Cook/Cleaner and other Ass. Admin staff.
· Prepare the staff list every month.
· Maintain the leave / work schedule.
· Monitor security situation and report to senior management as necessary.
· Assist in organizing program events incl. logistical arrangements.
· Undertake any other duties that may be requested by management and/or direct supervisor.
Finance responsibilities to include:
· Control of cash books from Malteser projects in Kenya according to Malteser standards
· Ensuring cash books are sent complete and in good order to Malteser HQ in Cologne
· Preparation of budget controls for Malteser Kenya projects (according to donors and Malteser expenditures) and giving regular feedback of the same to the projects
· Independent preparation of financial reports, particularly donor reports with subsequent authorization by management
· Reconciliation and control of staff lists, inventory lists, vehicle monthly reports, stock reports, etc. in accordance with the budgets from the location / projects
· Regular sorting of vouchers according to donor reports
· Preparation of internal cash requests for location
· Prepare annual financial location closure with all necessary documents and communication
· Assisting in the preparation of the annual projects / location budgets
· Preparation of advance administration list.
· Reports to Program Coordinator Illeret, Country Coordinator Kenya or Marsabit Partner Project Coordinator
· Other duties assigned by the management and/or direct supervisor
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or Commerce and/or a recognized certificate or professional qualification in accounting, ACCA or CPA or other related qualification
· Three to five years practical work experience in administration and finance
· Experience working with computerized accounting and financial systems, standard spreadsheet and database programs
· Demonstrated collaborative approach including experience in working in international environments
· Ability to prioritize work according to importance and deadlines while meeting work demands
· Possesses initiative and is able to work with minimum supervision
· Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility in all aspects of work
· Excellent computer skills in Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, etc.
· Experience in using financial accounting software
· Excellent English oral and written language skills
· Familiarity with donor requirements and NGO setup
· At least two years proven work experience in Administration, Finance and project support activities in an International NGO environment
· German & Swahili language skills are beneficial
· Communication/negotiations and liaison skills within teams and with third parties
· Highly organized, ability to work to strict deadlines
· Sensitive to social and cultural issues
· Team player and self-starter
· Flexible and able to embrace change positively
· High sense of confidentiality and trustworthy
· Good judgement in balancing the need to follow orders and take initiatives
· At least class ‘B’ Driver’s license
· Credible commitment to international humanitarian or development work
· Starting date: September 1st, 2017
· Duty Station: Illeret, Marsabit County, Kenya
· Duration of contract: 1 year, 4 months
· Salary according to qualification and experience, insurance package
· Please note that this is an unaccompanied position
Interested and qualified? Go to Malteser International career website on to apply