If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
provides companies with access to the top 1% of global tech talent. We identify high-potential developers on the African continent, shape them into world-class technical leaders, and pair them with companies as full-time, distributed team members. Accelerate your product roadmap while minimizing time spent interviewing, on-boarding, and training new hires. Andela is backed by investors including Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, GV, Spark Capital, Omidyar Network, Susa Ventures, Steve Case, Founder Collective, Learn Capital and more. Learn more about us at www.andela.com. Specialties
In This Job
While reporting to the Director of Product, you will product manage the platform that forms the foundation of our technology. Our Platform---which is comprised of DevOps, Core Infrastructure and Test Engineering---is depended on by the product teams that build the internal products and all of the Andelans that use those products. To support them and ensure their success, you will make sure that platform efforts meet both our technical and business needs. You will also have a strong hands-on presence: from mentoring and coaching Andela Fellows, to working seamlessly with our Engineering, Product, BI and Data teams, you'll ensure alignment and deliver results.
You Will Also
- Create and prioritize the backlog for your products
- Be responsible for service metrics, such as Mean Time to Detect and Mean Time to Resolve
- Be responsible for ensuring high code quality and reducing technical debt
- Communicate product direction to all relevant team members
- Maintain requirements documents and other assets that articulate your user’s needs
- Oversee platform execution from inception to delivery
The Ideal Candidate For The Role
- Has a clear passion and expertise in Product Management.
- Is relentless in their desire to understand your engineering users and the challenges they face.
- Has a strong understanding in Google Cloud, Microservices and Postgres
- Believes in the effectiveness of collaborative problem solving
- Used to be a software engineer. You won’t code in this role, but you absolutely need to speak the language of engineers.
- Has experience working in distributed teams
- Is data-driven and excellent at deriving meaningful insights from a wide range of metrics
- Is located in Lagos, Nigeria or Nairobi, Kenya and travel regularly between our centers.
- 5-7+ years of product management experience at a software company
- A Bachelor's or advanced degree in a a technical field.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply