If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) is a research and policy non-profit Organization that discovers and promotes effective solutions to global poverty problems. IPA brings together researchers and decision-makers to design, rigorously evaluate, and refine these solutions and their applications, ensuring that the evidence created is used to improve the lives of the world’s poor
The project aims to do a randomized controlled trial to examine the combined effect of lifting external and internal constraints simultaneously, providing a cash transfer and an intervention to boost poor people’s sense of self-efficacy and alter their understanding of their opportunities, encouraging poor people to set and pursue their own goals without directing their choices.
The research will test if a brief, standardized psychological intervention can alter psychological outcomes and future-oriented behaviors in a developing country and examine if such interventions can enhance the already- known benefits of cash transfers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee large scale data collection activities
- Manage logistics for new pilot activities
- Develop and pilot survey instrument
- Design forms for electronic data collection (using SurveyCTO) and manage survey data
- Recruit, train and manage teams to conduct surveys
- Ensure adherence to data quality protocols and assist with data cleaning and preliminary analysis
- Monitor project timeline and budget, including tracking project expenses and adherence to the project budget and timeline
- Work closely with local partners to ensure study protocols are followed
- Assist with donor reporting
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in economics, social sciences, public health, public policy, or related fields.
- Candidates with a Bachelor’s degree and significant fieldwork experience will also be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers
- Knowledge of Stata (strongly preferred), SAS, or other data analysis software
- Must be able to work under pressure and meet deadlines, while maintaining a positive attitude and providing exemplary customer service
- Ability to work independently and to carry out assignments to completion within parameters of instructions given, prescribed routines, and standard accepted practices
- At least two year of work experience required. Previous experience with IPA/JPAL preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to manage enumerators teams and survey operations at different levels (programming and data flow, financial budgeting and reporting, human resources and team building)
- Responsible, accountable and able to manage problematic situations
- Experience living and working in a developing country
- Fluency in Luo a big plus
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Innovations for Poverty Action (IPA) career website on poverty-action.formstack.com to apply