If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
MSI, a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, DC metro area international development firm with a 35-year history of delivering development results across the world. Our core expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation (M&E), institutional development, public sector management, governance and anti-corruption. MSI implements nearly 100 projects in 90 countries around the world such as Jordan, Morocco, Lebanon, Syria, Pakistan, Afghanistan, Colombia, and Mexico. As one of the leading companies in our field, MSI has partnered with more than 80 organizations across all sectors of international development with clients ranging from large bilateral and multilateral donors such as USAID, the World Bank and the UNDP to national and local governments, NGOs, think tanks, foundations and universities.
The Communications Specialist will provide support to the development of communications products and publications focused upon USAID's development strategy.
- Work with USAID and mission staff to draft and disseminate communications materials, as needed, including tweets, Facebook posts, press releases, media advisories, Flickr photo stories, website stories and internal slide shows and multi-media.
- Produce social media toolkits.
- Prepare for and cover events as requested.
- Gather stories from the field which includes taking, editing and posting photos.
- Maintaining contact lists and packaging content in a variety of ways.
- Developing analytics reports on social media and media monitoring reach and results.
- Prepare success stories for use in other publications including e Newsletters and Quarterly brochures.
- Act as a liaison between USAID and implementing partners, county government information officers and local media through a variety of means.
- Support the DOC office as needed.
- Produce a daily media monitoring report of national Kenyan media, and daily reports based on information collected by a media monitoring firm.
- Assist in developing an agenda and a presentation that:
- Reviews and assesses MSI communications work in the previous quarter using indicators established by the overall communications strategy.
- Highlight successes, challenges and provide recommendations.
- Synthesize media coverage.
- Pitch potential stories or identify gaps in content based on field work and research.
- Coordinate coverage of events and manage work planning with other communications specialists.
- Support coordination of quarterly meetings with IP communication staff.
- Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications or a relevant related field of study. Master's degree preferred.
- Three (3) to five (5) years of related public relations, public outreach or communications for development experience.
- Demonstrated experience producing and editing written products such as social media messages, news/blog articles, reports, fact sheets, speeches, success stories, and press releases.
- English language skills at the S/5 and R/5 level to perform communications technical services.
- Ability to travel as needed throughout Kenya and East Africa.
- USAID experience is a plus.
- Ability to work well in a team.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Management Systems International career website on chc.tbe.taleo.net to apply