If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
We are a global network of experts working with clients, communities and colleagues to develop and implement innovative solutions to the world’s most complex challenges. Delivering clean water and energy. Building iconic skyscrapers. Planning new cities. Restoring damaged environments. Connecting people and economies with roads, bridges, tunnels and transit systems. Designing parks where children play. Helping governments maintain stability and security. We connect expertise across services, markets, and geographies to deliver transformative outcomes. Worldwide, we design, build, finance, operate and manage projects and programs that unlock opportunities, protect our environment and improve people’s lives. We are AECOM
. Built to deliver a better world.
The role is considered to be hands on with clear accountability for the pro-active identification, expansion and opportunity management of new market range in East Africa. This will involve strategic analysis of market trends, tenders and pro-active project pursuits.
The role is also to act, where appropriate, as the project implementation lead, responsible for the overall project management, delivery, performance, quality and safety on East Africa civil infrastructure projects.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Assist the Africa Leadership Group in the development and regular update of the business plan.
- Conduct regular strategic planning, aligning with the overall Africa Civil Infrastructure strategic plan in order to keep business development efforts focused.
- Internal and external communication, client relationship management as well as public relations and contract negotiation.
- Identify opportunities for submittals, responses, interviews, presentations, and related activities.
- Coordinate the preparation and submission of un-solicited proposals with inputs from the relevant Africa Leadership Group members.
- Be responsible for ensuring document and presentation quality and consistency with marketing and branding efforts.
- Perform secondary research, and monitor industry-related information sources for broad-based marketing and business implications.
- Analyse data related to past, current and prospective markets, and be regarded as a primary resource for information.
- Lead project implementation on civil infrastructure projects in East Africa.
- Identify, develop and plan strategy for service offering range (in current and new markets) and tactically implement it in alignment with overall business strategies for East Africa.
- Execute aligned opportunity management strategy for the business.
- Review, monitor and evaluate project pursuits against business performance and business plan.
- Develop new markets and clients as well as strategically grow existing markets shares.
- Develop marketing and pursuit plans, anticipate opportunities and identify market trends.
- Direct the development of capture plans that conform to the business development strategy.
- Build, interact and manage strong and effective working relationships with existing clients, teaming partners, industry groups and stakeholders (e.g. government and private business) linked to Civil Infrastructure to ensure client retention and satisfaction.
- Identify new strategic and meaningful clients, assess their needs and develop solid working relationships at appropriate levels.
- Develop and maintain an accurate Civil Infrastructure client’s relevant database.
- Align with AECOM EMIA and Africa CAM (Customer Account Management) requirements.
- Maintain good relations with other AECOM Geographies, Regions, End Markets and Business Lines.
- Develop, monitor & review the business development budgets.
- Manage utilization levels for the business development function.
- Assist when required the Africa End Market Leads, Business Line Leads, Market Sector Heads, Key Account Managers and the wider Africa Leadership Group to manage debtors within DSO days.
Project Management / Implementation-
- Manage civil infrastructure project delivery in East Africa.
- Ensure project delivery to necessary standards of safety and quality.
- Manage the financial performance of projects to plan.
- 15+ years of experience in a leadership role focusing on Civil Infrastructure or a related field.
- 10+ years proven track record of managing civil infrastructure projects in Africa.
- 10+ years of progressive responsibility in business development or marketing experience in Africa.
Specific skills required
- Ability to develop key and trusted client relationships that would lead to new business quickly.
- Demonstrated skills and track record in marketing and business development, including market strategy development, competitive assessment and market positioning as well as execution of business and marketing strategies.
- Excellent presentation and sales skills with proven ability to influence and persuade, particularly in relation to closing major project deals.
- Strong negotiation, organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Excellent, culturally appropriate, verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven track record of implementing civil infrastructure projects in Africa.
- Excellent team player.
- Independent, self-driven, enthusiastic and initiative.
- Agile, flexible and responsive to changing demands.
- Experience in managing and influencing senior level stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to understand and adapt to different cultures.
- Must be willing to travel regularly in Africa and EMIA.
- Preferably to be based in Nairobi, Kenya office of AECOM East Africa.
- Bachelor or Master degree in Engineering (required).
- Business management qualification (preferable).
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to AECOM career website on jobs.aecom.com to apply