Founded in 1976, Habitat for Humanity International (HFHI) is a Christian housing organization serving families in more than 70 countries around the world who are living in sub-standard housing. Since its founding, it has built or repaired over 1 million homes, providing more than 5 million people with safe, decent, affordable shelter!
The Specialist - Capital Markets and Financial Inclusion is responsible for implementation and coordination of the capital market and financial inclusion strategy in the Africa area. He/she will be responsible for the growth and development of the existing housing finance and SME portfolio in the region, consistent with HFHI standards and strategic goals towards sustainably serving families. At the same time, he/she will contribute to the implementation of a regional expansion and capital mobilization strategy with special focus in partnerships with FSP’s and SME’s through TCIS (Shelter Venture Fund, Micro Build Fund) and other investors or investment vehicles.
Key areas of responsibilities:
IMPLEMENTATION AND COORDINATION OF CAPITAL MARKETS AND FINANCIAL INCLUSION STRATEGIES AND MODELS:
DEVELOPMENT OF PARTNERSHIPS:
RESOURCE DEVELOPMENT COORDINATION:
SUPPORT MICRO BUILD FUND, SVF AND TCIS LEADERSHIP:
ABOUT THE TERWILLIGER CENTER FOR INNOVATION IN SHELTER:
The Terwilliger Center for Innovation in Shelter works with housing market systems by supporting local firms and expanding innovative and client-responsive services, products and financing so that households can improve their shelter more effectively and efficiently. Acting as a market facilitator through the Terwilliger Center, Habitat for Humanity will have exponentially more impact by improving systems that make better housing possible for millions more families, most of whom build their homes in stages. The Terwilliger Center’s approach stays true to Habitat for Humanity’s original principles of self-help and sustainability by focusing on improving systems that enable families to achieve affordable shelter without needing ongoing direct support.
Suitable candidates will need to satisfy the following requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in relevant field required. Master’s degree or equivalent experience preferred in international development, business administration, or related discipline.
· At least 5 years of work experience in international development, preferably with an INGO, experience in developing countries is a plus
· At least 5 years’ experience and demonstrated success in capacity building of partners
· Experience in designing and delivery of housing microfinance and SME’s investment projects
· Experience in selecting and coordinating consultant base
· Working experience in microfinance and/or housing finance; with an understanding of low income segments
· Investment, portfolio management and financial literacy experience strongly preferred.
· Credit and micro credit analysis abilities.
· Strong Excel & other MS office skills.
· Strong evaluation skills.
· Fluency in English. Fluency in French is preferable but negotiable
· Cross-cultural communication skills.
· Negotiation and partnership development skills.
· Process facilitation and organizational development skills.
· Decision making and problem solving.
· Demonstrated ability to work within a team.
Interested and qualified? Go to Habitat for Humanity International career website on www.habitat.org to apply