World Vision is an international Christian relief, development and advocacy organisation working in almost 100 countries world-wide to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice.
Purpose Of Position
The candidate is responsible for responding to customer requests by diagnosing and resolving problems and for supporting the ongoing technology needs of all employees by providing help desk support. S/he will work with a broad range of infrastructure products and a broad range of infrastructure products and basic networking components. They provide maintenance and support for moderately to highly complex client products and work on one or more projects concurrently as a team member.
S/he responds remotely or onsite to requests for IT support, logging problems, generating trouble tickets, attempting to diagnose and resolve problems, and if necessary, escalating the problem to the appropriate level of expertise within established service management processes and agreed service level agreements. The candidate is also responsible for documenting solutions to problems and developing end-user guidelines. On an ongoing basis, works to improve customer support processes and practices to ensure highly quality of service and customer satisfaction. In addition, the candidate provides technical support during major meetings internal or external.
The role requires an understanding of the foundation architecture, hardware and software used by the organization. S/he demonstrates skill in various custom or packaged hardware and software and has the ability to gather information on issues and have diagnostic capabilities to describe or resolve problems.
- First point of contact and day-to-day technical support to end users.
- Responds to Level 1 and 2 support requests via multiple sources such as phone and e-mail.
- Ensures that all customer issues/requests are recorded into the tracking system.
- Diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options and escalates problems when necessary as per procedure.
- Interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Participates in integration and user acceptance testing of new service desk tools/practices.
- Creates, modifies and reviews documentation of issues resolutions.
- Documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Creates and submits documented resolution to Knowledge Base.
Client Technology Support
- Coordinates the deployment of new or upgraded images, software and hardware for multiple clients.
- Configures and installs desktop PCs, peripheral equipment, laptops and other mobile devices.
- Follows established procedures for performing configuration changes, updates and upgrades.
- Performs minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Provides access to shared drive.
- Provides on-going support of client technology.
- Provides technical support to meetings that include video conferencing.
- Monitors and communicates system status.
- Diagnoses and resolves client workstation and mobile device hardware and software issues.
- Creates temporary solutions until permanent solutions can be implemented.
- Assists systems, programming, and vendor professionals, as needed to resolve problems.
- Acts as focal point for remote technical support for network, server and telecommunication infrastructure.
Service Level Management & Improvement
- Collaborates in the development of service-level objectives and takes steps to meet or exceed targets.
- Explains service procedures to clients.
- Follows up in a timely manner to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Keeps performance metrics.
- Identifies recurring and potential problems and notifies team members.
- Recommends procedures and controls for service improvements.
- Recommends ideas for improving queue time, abandoned call rates and first contact resolution.
- Maintains IT inventory management for all IT equipment and/or software in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Guide users on equipment replacement and disposal processes.
- Maintains passwords and users credentials to assure systems security and data integrity.
- Adheres to the integrity of controls, regulations and guidelines.
- Communicate suggestions on backup and recovery procedures.
- Trains co-workers on new or existing functionality or services.
- Orient new staffs on IT policies, Processes and WV standard applications.
- Continuously identifies IT training needs for users.
- Alerts team members about recurring problems.
- Communicates updates on issues in a timely manner to ensure client satisfaction and productivity.
- Special assignments as appropriate to the role.
- Attend, participate in, and lead devotional/chapel meetings as scheduled and convened.
- While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection of the duties involved in this position, World Vision reserves the right to add, remove or alter duties when business need dictates.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field. Or equivalent work experience.
- Technical certification in one or more IT disciplines or technology. E.g. ITIL Foundation.
- Typically has 3 to 5 years of IT work experience.
- Thorough knowledge and high-level skills and experiences of computer hardware and software installation, configuration and maintenance.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of basic to moderately complex hardware and software products and problem solving / diagnostic skills; and skills in Windows 7 clients, Lotus Notes client, basic LAN/WAN installation and configuration.
- Uses considerable judgment to determine solution and seeks guidance on complex problems.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English.
- Strong ability to work as part of a team and coordinate with all the staff.
- Ability to relate technical issues to a largely non-technical audience (business/ministry).
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good customer service skills and experience.
- Able to work under tight deadlines and cope with pressure.
- A mature and committed Christian.
- The position might require ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally on a need basis.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Vision Kenya career website on careers.wvi.org to apply