The Tinker Education Services Center offers a variety of services to base military personnel and their dependents. Tuition assistance is available to military personnel to help defray the costs of tuition for accredited colleges and universities taught either on or off-base.
Details: Tinker Education is seeking a highly motivated, career-orientated Education Director with strong parent communication skills, a collaborative, team-building approach to staff leadership and knowledge of the industry.
Candidates must hold a Master’s Degree and have an awareness of STEM Education.
He/ she must be able to relate well to children and adults and feel comfortable in a leadership role.
Honesty is integral to our business practice therefore the applicant must possess a high level of integrity.
As part of a start-up, please note, our work environment is collaborative, flexible, fast-paced, and deadline driven.
- A master’s degree in Education, Education Leadership, or Education Administration
- Minimum 5 years teaching experience
- Minimum 2 years’ experience and demonstrated strengths as an education director
- Ability to drive, develop and lead education projects and programs
- Previous experience at international schools
- Understanding of STEM education, education technology and experience of E-Learning environments is advantageous
- Passion for education development, teaching and can demonstrate an ability to work well with children
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Great attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to work across boundaries and cross-culturally
- Effectively interact, communicate, and work well as a team member
- Ability to build rapport and trust with stakeholders
- MS Office experience and OA (office automation) Skills
- Willingness to learn new products/technologies and promote the development of STEM education in Kenya
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Executive Director position is at the management level with general responsibilities including, but not limited to:
- Manage education at Tinker Academy
- Engage as a thought-leadership partner with management and directors to deliver high quality STEM education
- Direct and shape the curricula, contents and teaching processes
- Research and design educational materials and instructional methods
- Oversee the instructors:
- Manage their teaching and administration work
- Design and hold teaching workshops/seminars
- Facilitate class reporting that defines the progress (successes and solutions to any challenges) of each student
- Ensure the study of online/offline education materials for effective delivery of teaching
- Ensure the learning development of students
- Build a supportive culture in which you offer direction to instructors
- Effectively communicate with the team (and clients) with respect to content delivery, progress reports and student participation.
- Answer inquiries from internal business partners using your local knowledge of Kenya.
- Promote efficiency, consistency, and professionalism.
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed, such as administrative support and training.
Method of Application
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com outlining your interest and suitability for this position.
Deadline: 1st September 2017