If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Head chef should be a professional with the wide range of knowledge of menus as being an international school they should be able to provide a continental / global menu for the students.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established stand
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regula
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with staff to discuss menus for special occasions of the school.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or func
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food prepara
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of cus
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- 5+ years hot kitchen experience is mandatory
- Food Production training
- Diploma Level or above
- Works experience in reputable establishments
- Possess very good leadership skills since you will be running the kitchen and managing all kitchen staff.
go to method of application »
You will teach children with patience and creativity.
Kindergarten teacher duties include designing a teaching plan and using activities and instructional methods to motivate children.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan.
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills.
- Organize learning material and resources.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities etc) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information.
- Assess students performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis.
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing.
- Cooperate with administration staff.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- 5+ years proven working experience as a kindergarten teacher.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Experience at an international school is an added advantage.
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities.
- Teaching and organization skills.
- Patience and flexibility.
- Strong communication skills.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and best practices.
- BSc degree in education or relevant licence/certificate.
- Applicants should must have a TSC number.
- Leadership skills.
go to method of application »
The applicant is expected to be proactive, diligent and attentive to detail, taking on a wide range of tasks and developing the role.
Group Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Monthly consolidation of the our Group portfolio
- Monthly reporting and analysis for Senior Management and Board
- Valuation of potential analysis
- Returns analysis & project tracking
- Shareholder reporting
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Key Performance Indicator reporting
- Bank & Cash-flow reporting
- Development of group Financial Planning & Analysis processes
- Appraisal of new projects and investments.
Qualifications for the Group Accountant Job
- A degree in Finance/Accounting or a degree in a related field
- ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
- Highly computer literate – touch typing, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and accounting software packages
- Self-confident and conscientious
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
- Good organisation skills
go to method of application »
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Implement Company financial policies and procedures
- Create and distribute Invoices for customers
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Handling of all creditors and other payments
- Manage all statutory obligations such as SSF, PAYE, TRA, VAT etc
- Ensuring of debt collection, receiving of funds and issuing of receipts
- Handling of the accounting software, posting all financial related transactions
- Reconciliation of cash and bank
- Regularly prepare, analyze, and interpret financial reports, statements and records
- Manage the stock system, through ordering of stock items and maintaining the stock ledger
- Perform other duties as directed by the Finance Manager or Management.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Advanced diploma/University degree in financial accounting with at least 2 years of proven experience in related field
- Good knowledge of various accounting packages
- Ability to work independently, adapt to changes quickly, produce results and meet targets
- Excellent command on both oral and written English and Kiswahili languages
- Pleasant personality, excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic in nature and a team player
go to method of application »
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chairperson and CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature;
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed;
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members;
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in by laws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format;
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings;
- Ensures that the President’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general;
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- 4+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant;
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with
- excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Languages.
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2665”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2665 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday 18th Aug 2017 N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.