Duma Works is changing the way people think about hiring. By efficiently connecting employers and potential hires through our mobile platform, we make finding that perfect person a fun experience, allowing businesses to grow and job seekers to access new opportunities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Head chef should be a professional with the wide range of knowledge of menus as being an international school they should be able to provide a continental / global menu for the students.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established stand
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regula
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Meet with staff to discuss menus for special occasions of the school.
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or func
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food prepara
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of cus
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Coordinate planning, budgeting, and purchasing for all the food operations within establishments such as clubs, hotels, or restaurant chains.
- Plan, direct, and supervise the food preparation and cooking activities of multiple kitchens or restaurants in an establishment such as a restaurant chain, hospital, or hotel.
- 5+ years hot kitchen experience is mandatory
- Food Production training
- Diploma Level or above
- Works experience in reputable establishments
- Possess very good leadership skills since you will be running the kitchen and managing all kitchen staff.
go to method of application »
You will teach children with patience and creativity.
Kindergarten teacher duties include designing a teaching plan and using activities and instructional methods to motivate children.
- Design and follow a complete teaching plan.
- Teach alphabet and numeracy along with personal, social and emotional skills.
- Organize learning material and resources.
- Use a variety of activities and instructional methods (songs, stories, media, structured games, art, outdoor activities etc) to motivate and stimulate children’s abilities.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents and provide appropriate information.
- Assess students performance and progress to ensure they are mastering the skills on regular basis.
- Monitor children’s interactions and nurture cooperation and sharing.
- Cooperate with administration staff.
- Follow and comply with teaching standards and safety regulations
- 5+ years proven working experience as a kindergarten teacher.
- Excellent knowledge of child development and latest education theories and practices.
- Experience at an international school is an added advantage.
- Creative and artistic teaching abilities.
- Teaching and organization skills.
- Patience and flexibility.
- Strong communication skills.
- Keep abreast with the latest trends and best practices.
- BSc degree in education or relevant licence/certificate.
- Applicants should must have a TSC number.
- Leadership skills.
go to method of application »
The applicant is expected to be proactive, diligent and attentive to detail, taking on a wide range of tasks and developing the role.
Group Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Monthly consolidation of the our Group portfolio
- Monthly reporting and analysis for Senior Management and Board
- Valuation of potential analysis
- Returns analysis & project tracking
- Shareholder reporting
- Budgeting & forecasting
- Key Performance Indicator reporting
- Bank & Cash-flow reporting
- Development of group Financial Planning & Analysis processes
- Appraisal of new projects and investments.
Qualifications for the Group Accountant Job
- A degree in Finance/Accounting or a degree in a related field
- ACCA/CPA is an added advantage
- Highly computer literate – touch typing, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint and accounting software packages
- Self-confident and conscientious
- Ability to work under pressure and to prioritise
- Good organisation skills
go to method of application »
Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Establish, maintain and reconcile the general ledger
- Implement Company financial policies and procedures
- Create and distribute Invoices for customers
- Establish and maintain cash controls
- Handling of all creditors and other payments
- Manage all statutory obligations such as SSF, PAYE, TRA, VAT etc
- Ensuring of debt collection, receiving of funds and issuing of receipts
- Handling of the accounting software, posting all financial related transactions
- Reconciliation of cash and bank
- Regularly prepare, analyze, and interpret financial reports, statements and records
- Manage the stock system, through ordering of stock items and maintaining the stock ledger
- Perform other duties as directed by the Finance Manager or Management.
Qualifications for the Accountant Job
- Advanced diploma/University degree in financial accounting with at least 2 years of proven experience in related field
- Good knowledge of various accounting packages
- Ability to work independently, adapt to changes quickly, produce results and meet targets
- Excellent command on both oral and written English and Kiswahili languages
- Pleasant personality, excellent interpersonal skills, dynamic in nature and a team player
go to method of application »
Executive Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the President & CEO including: managing an extremely active calendar of appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence that is sometimes confidential; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings;
- Researches, prioritizes, and follows up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the Chairperson and CEO, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature;
- Assists board members with travel arrangements, lodging, and meal planning as needed;
- Maintains discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members;
- Adhere to compliance with applicable rules and regulations set in by laws regarding board and board committee matters, including advance distribution of materials before meetings in electronic/paper format;
- Participates as an adjunct member of the Executive Team including assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings;
- Ensures that the President’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the President and the organization in general;
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communications to external stake holders.
Qualifications for the Executive Assistant Job
- 4+ years’ experience as an Executive Assistant;
- Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized institution.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with
- excellent attention to detail;
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and investors;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast paced environment;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions Languages.
Method of Application
Cover Letter and detailed CV are to be sent by email to email@example.com marking the subject as “2665”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2665 Barack Obama, +2547xxxxxxxx. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: Friday 18th Aug 2017 N.B.* You will receive a confirmation email and an alert to take a basic screening test over SMS or online. The email with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The email/SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test. If you have any issues with the process, please reach out to +254702093793. If you apply and don’t meet these minimum qualifications, we won’t be able to forward your application to the employer.