DAI is a global development company working on the frontlines of international development consulting. We are committed to shaping a more livable world. We tackle fundamental social and economic development problems caused by inefficient markets, ineffective governance, and instability. We work with a wide range of clients, including national and local governments, bilateral and multilateral donors, private corporations, and philanthropies.
Summary of Primary Duties
The Logistics Officer will oversee all logistics-related activities for KIWASH in the Kisumu office and the Western Region. S/he shall ensure that the outlined logistics policies and procedures are implemented. The Logistics Officer shall provide and maintain complete and accurate data for all logistics and inventory files.
· Support day-to-day logistics issues, including travel schedules and itineraries, reservations, and support for planned KIWASH events and activities;
· Assist in managing the customs clearance program and document filing system;
- Maintain project inventory system; Regularly audit office inventory and update of TAMIS;
- Maintain custody of office phones for visiting STTA and office sim card management
- Serve as a point of contact for logistics-related questions during audits;
- Assist with identification of and negotiation with local vendors and other procurement related tasks. Especially with logistics related procurement
- Arranges all visa and custom exemptions for expatriate staff and national staff
- Fuel management and vehicle maintenance
- Making and tracking of taxi travel arrangements for meetings and events
- Carry out any other relevant duties requested.
· The Logistics Officer will supervise the Project Driver.
· B.A. Degree in Business Administration or equivalent.
· 3+ years of relevant experience in logistics, office administration, and/or project operations
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working on donor-funded projects
- Ability to respond effectively to the time-sensitive inquiries
- Experience with Microsoft office suite
- An extremely well organized and self-directed individual with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment, strong operational focus and able to multitask
- Fluency in English
Base of Operations
· Kisumu, Kenya
· The Logistics Officer will report to the HR/Office Manager.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to DAI Kenya - Development Alternatives, Inc. career website on kiwashproject.formstack.com to apply