If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The National Oil Corporation of Kenya
is a fully integrated State Corporation involved in all aspects of the petroleum supply chain covering the upstream oil and gas exploration, midstream petroleum infrastructure development and downstream marketing of petroleum products.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the candidate will be responsible for attracting, developing and retaining skilled and motivated employee base that will drive the business to achieve its strategic objectives, while enhancing employee development through performance management, learning and development.
Human Resources and Administration Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the annual Human Resource business plan;
- Cascade the HR business plan through performance contracts;
- Develop and implement effective corporate job grading and salary structures while ensuring equitable /balanced pay;
- Develop, Implement and Monitor the Departmental budget;
- Develop and implement staff training and development programs;
- Coordinate, monitor and evaluate performance management and appraisal processes;
- Develop and implement staff motivation and retention initiatives;
- Develop, review and maintain appropriate HR practices, policies and procedures;
- Manage employee relations and grievance process;
- Ensure an efficient and conducive work environment, and housekeeping; and
- Coach and mentor direct reports.
Qualifications for the Human Resources and Administration Job
- A Master’s Degree in Human Resources Management or any related field.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or any business related field
- A Postgraduate Diploma in Human Resource Management or any related field.
- Member of Institute of Human Resources Management (IHRM) or other recognized Human Resources body
- At least 10 years’ experience with five (5) years at management level;
- Leadership skills in managing people and operations;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans;
- Strong organisation and coordination skills;
- Communication skills both written and oral;
- Analytical skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Good negotiation skills;
- Conflict resolution skills
- Counselling skills
go to method of application »
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the ideal
candidate will take overall charge of managing of the Corporation’s Sales, Supply Planning and
General Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the Corporation’s Sales, Operations, Customer Service, Supply and Planning strategies;
- Establish and maintain good busine relations with local and international suppliers and distributors;
- Develop, Implement and Monitor the Division budgets;
- Improve the marketing of new and existing oil products;
- Approve upgrades and maintenance programs to optimize productivity in the Corporation;
- Ensure achievement of all Services Level Agreements with suppliers and distributors;
- Ensure compliance with the Corporation’s policies and procedures to enhance operational Safety and Health;
- Coach and mentor direct reports to ensure excellent performance and effective succession planning.
Qualifications for the General Manager
- Masters’ degree in Strategic Management, Marketing or any business field.
- Bachelors’ degree in Marketing, Busine Administration or any busine related field
- Diploma in Business Management, Sales and Marketing, Customer Service or Business Management will be an added advantage
- At least 12 years’ relevant experience, 5 of which should have been at a senior management level in sales, operations or supply planning in the oil and gas sector.
- Proven intellectual leadership in managing people, operations and financial resources;
- Proven ability to think strategically and design long term plans
- Strong supervision, coaching and mentoring skills
- Strong organizational and coordination skills
- Well developed analytical and problem solving skills
Method of Application
Applicants should either email to email@example.com or send their application and detailed CV with copies of certificates, indicating current position, qualifications, working experience, current remuneration, names of at least three (3) professional referees and day time telephone number to:
The Chairman, Board of Directors National Oil Corporation
P.O. Box 58567-00200 NAIROBI
National Oil Corporation Kawi Complex, South C, Red Cross Road,
Off Popo Road, Behind Boma Hotel
Applications should reach us not later than 5pm on Tuesday 26nd September 2017.
Only short-listed candidates shall be contacted.
Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.
We are an equal opportunity employer.