We are a leading integrated financial services group on the African continent with a heritage of over 154 years. We have an on-the-ground presence in 20 countries in sub-Saharan Africa, fit-for-purpose representation outside Africa and a strategic partnership with ICBC. This unique footprint supports our strategy to connect African markets to each other and to pools of capital globally.
Leads and supervises a team of sales consultants with the objective of growing business by providing a readily available, service-focused, knowledgeable and experienced point of contact for new and existing personal market opportunity through the Work Place Banking.
Manage the day-to-day running of the Sales team with a view to provide effective customer service, timely processing of account opening and loans applications, maximising sales opportunities, and ensuring compliance with laid-down procedures to maintain optimal service standards and control risks.
Ensure customers banking needs are identified and fulfilled efficiently and cost-effectively while managing the risks associated with new accounts.
Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
- Monitor and manage the performance of sales consultants
- Develop staff through ongoing coaching, mentoring and booking staff on formal training in line with individual development plans
- Build and maintain a strong sales team
- Motivate team and drive team to be annotative in sales
- Set and monitor team goals and standards
- Achieve sales targets by appropriate allocation of budgets to sales consultants and proper tracking of performance
- Optimise performance through daily monitoring, resources management and implementation of corrective action where necessary
- Keep abreast of all product changes and enhancements that could impact the sales process and ensure team members are well briefed
- Ensure that all the required steps are taken and controls implemented when acquiring accounts to minimize the risks associated with new business.
- Ensure credit policies are enforced and adhered to at all levels
- Ensure quality control measures are in place to ensure the application and supporting documentation is of the highest quality
- Obtain all the required information and documents for opening of loan accounts or granting of facilities
- Good general knowledge of payment systems, client profiles (Bureau information such as CRB etc)
- Be able to identify and assist with the development of control mechanisms for fraudulent documentation and fraudulent behavior/ activities
- Understand the basic principles of profit/loss, supply/demand, risk, sustainability and compliance
- Resolve account/credit-related customer complaints referred to by subordinates to the satisfaction of both the customer and the bank
- Identify customer needs effectively and open new accounts accordingly.
- Ensure that customers are assisted efficiently within the time frames laid down for particular transaction types.
- Ensure that queries and problems are resolved within laid-down time frames
- Cross-sell products effectively.
- Ensure effective turn-around times on customer problem resolution.
- Ensure that customers are fully informed of their rights and obligations to the bank in accordance with the Code of Banking Practice.
- Monitor and analyze Customer Evaluation of Bank Service (CEBS) data to identify strengths and weaknesses.
- Ensure that customer documents, applications for facilities, security documents etc are completed accurately and timeously.
- Ensure correct scheduling of staff to meet customer demand.
- Ensure workload fit is achieved
- Prevent practices that would results in reckless lending and lead to customer over-indebtedness.
- Ensure compliance to statutory and regulatory requirements with regards to customer applications
- Conduct a needs analysis to identify customer needs effectively when opening new accounts or giving product advice, in line with Financial Advisory and Intermediary Service Act licence categories.
- Ensure compliance standards are met
- Ensure proper record keeping in terms of Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act as well as the Financial Intelligence Centre Act requirements.
- Increase sales consultants productivity by responsible selling practices
- Sell the bank’s products proactively and pass on other sales leads to the applicable business areas.
- Report statistics correctly and timeously.
- Implement marketing initiatives and campaigns as required by the segment.
- Keep abreast of changes and new developments in the focus segments.
- Build and foster working relationships for the team with key role players such as Credit, fraud departments etc
Ensure your team has zero reworks.
Preferred Qualification And Experience
- Relevant Degree from relevant University
- Professional banking qualification would be an added advantage
- 3-4 years banking experience, with exposure to sales and customer service in the position of Customer Consultant or equivalent
- MS Office skills to be able to report on sales
- Good knowledge of personal or business market products and the processes underpinning them.
- Good knowledge of product criteria and bank policy regarding appropriate pricing, charges and interest rates.
- Good knowledge of local competitors
- Strong analytical and diagnosing skills (in terms of identity documents, pay slips, bank statements etc
- Good knowledge of the debt collection and debt counselling process
- Knowledge of the documentation related to personal market credit processes and credit delinquency cycles
- Extensive knowledge of all branch processes and procedures.
- General knowledge and understanding of financial statements, including application of policies and principles for evaluation and management of the risk associated with lending. Able to apply
- principles in diverse situations.
- Knowledge of the Code of Banking Practice, FICA and NCA
- Knowledge of competitor products.
- Knowledge of other products sold in the branch channel.
- Knowledge of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Qualifications and experience as determined by the “Fit and Proper Requirements” of the Financial Advisory and Intermediary Services Act.
- Understanding of regulatory and legislative requirements in terms of FICA and NCA
- Knowledge of product suite on offer and the various pricing, limits, criteria etc
- Understanding of financial accounting principles and procedures
- Understanding of fraud and risk management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Standard Bank Group career website on careers.peopleclick.eu.com to apply