Background to the role
The position holder Coordinates and manages the effective implementation of a portfolio of development and humanitarian project activities in Turkana, Kenya.
The position is responsible for ensuring that implementing partner organisations effectively plan, budget for, deliver and report on project activities to achieve agreed outputs and outcomes using a results-based management approach, applying value-for-money principles.
The role has responsibility for: coordinating partners to develop and implement costed work plans on time and according to budget; ensuring accountable management of finances, procurement and logistics by partners; ensuring high quality monitoring and evaluation systems are in place and are used effectively; coordinating and maintaining oversight on activity implementation by partners; collating monitoring information and drafting high quality project reports for submission to the donor (narrative and financial); supporting partners with capacity building and technical support..
The Person Specification
· Bachelor’s degree in a relevant subject e.g: development studies, law, public administration, human rights, natural resource management. Master’s degree preferred.
· At least 5 years professional experience in managing complex development projects in Kenya, ideally in Turkana
Technical Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge and understanding of: land and natural resource rights in Kenya, including oil and gas; humanitarian/development programme management; resilient livelihoods development
· Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Turkana context and demonstrated experience of managing projects/programmes in Turkana strongly preferred;
· Demonstrated expertise and experience of managing complex humanitarian and/or development projects/programmes
· Demonstrated understanding and experience of managing large budgets, using management systems, budget monitoring and financial reporting;
Interested and qualified? Go to Trocaire career website on trocaire.workable.com to apply