The Co-operative Bank of Kenya
Limited is incorporated in Kenya under the Company Act and is also licensed to do the business of banking under the Banking Act. The Bank was initially registered under the Co-operative Societies Act at the point of founding in 1965. This status was retained up to and until June 27th 2008 when the Bank's Special General Meeting resolved to incorporate under the Companies Act with a view to complying with the requirements for listing on the Nairobi Stock Exchange (NSE)
Reporting to Head – Data Governance & Strategy, The Data Architect will be responsible for planning and designing conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term enterprise requirements, as well as ensuring that the respective business, application, data and technology perspectives are in line with the bank’s data governance strategies, policies and standards.
The role holder will also be required to interpret, use and apply information contained within the enterprise data architecture to inform a range of business improvement activities, particularly those involved in the implementation, design, development, enhancement and maintenance of ICT systems and business processes.
Are you are a subject matter expert as far as data Architecture is concerned? Do you possess in-depth knowledge and experience across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture? Are you well experienced in the use of data modelling tools and languages?
Then, this is the perfect opportunity for you to make use of your skills, experience and be part of groundbreaking & visionary thinking within a team that contributes to Data analytics strategies geared towards informing business decisions.
Duties for the Data Architect Job
- Design logical and physical data structures that support the enterprise information requirements and analyze and align the enterprise data models with other business process.
- Define and maintain the data technology architecture; to guide the selection and integration of data-related technology, data integration architecture; to govern the flow of data within the enterprise systems and applications, data warehouse architecture; to capture the data transitions and snapshots in data warehouse systems for maximum usefulness and performance as well as the business intelligence architecture; to govern the decision support framework and drive data mining, analysis, and reporting.
- Define and maintain the meta-data architecture that governs how meta-data is created, integrated, controlled and accessed and the enterprise taxonomies and namespaces to organize enterprise data.
- Define and maintain conceptual structures and plans to meet the current and long-term data requirements of the enterprise.
- Determine, document and assess the enterprise information needs from business, operational, compliance and regulatory perspectives.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and up-coming vendor products and solutions.
- Support strategic direction by drawing on information from multiple sources and using guidelines to analyze what information is important and how it should be used.
- Achieves results by overseeing tasks through to completion, working within agreed priorities, committing to achieving quality outcomes, and seeking feedback from supervisors to gauge satisfaction and seeks guidance when required.
- Support productive working relationships by building and sustaining positive relationships with team members, stakeholders and clients, and being responsive to changes in client and stakeholder needs and expectations.
- Display personal drive and integrity by taking responsibility for meeting objectives and progressing work, showing initiative to do what is required, and committing energy and drive to see that goals are achieved
Data Architect Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in information technology, engineering or related discipline.
- Expert knowledge across multiple technology platforms, business processes and enterprise architecture.
- TOGAF certification will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrated experience in working with or leading a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) integration environment.
- Strong background in understanding organizational resources, priorities, needs and policies, and use of the same in developing IT strategies and solutions.
- Excellent presentation, communication and negotiation skills. Communicates with influence, confidently presenting communications in a clear, concise and articulate manner, focusing on key points and using appropriate, unambiguous language, selecting the most appropriate medium for conveying information, and structuring written and oral communication to ensure clarity.
- Analytical with good project management and team leadership skills.
- Knowledge in the use of notable data management tools.
- Leads from the front
- Delivers and owns results
- Values and respects others
- Drives innovation
- Fosters Communication
- Inspires trust and integrity
- Customer Centric
Method of Application
If you are confident that you fit the role and person profile and you are keen to add value to your career then please forward your application enclosing detailed Curriculum Vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating “DA/SSD/2017” in the subject line by close of business on Friday 15th September, 2017.
We are an equal opportunity employer.