Project Development Officer at Cezam and Associates Limited (CEZAM)
Posted on: 6 October, 2017
Deadline: 19 October, 2017
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at Cezam and Associates Limited (CEZ
The United States African Development Foundation (USADF) in partnership with Cezam and Associates Limited (CEZAM) are seeking to recruit a Kenyan national for the position of Project Development Officer whose major responsibilities are summarized below.
USADF provides technical assistance and support to grantees who are recipients of funding from USADF and partners with CEZAM to ensure its grantees have access to the support services they may need to successfully plan and achieve their project goals.
Project Development Officer Job Responsibilities
- Evaluation of the social and economic environment of a potential USADF grantee’s investment to support the feasibility, profitability and visibility of its activities.
- Preparation of pre-funding analyses including cash flow and profit/loss assessments to determine the potential viability, profitability and financial sustainability of proposed projects.
- Assist prospective USADF grantees in preparing assessments to determine the best use of grant funds for project goals and long-term sustainability, including development of business plans.
- Perform financial analysis and full assessment of the economic potential of the proposed project to assist potential USADF grantees prepare financial projections and evaluation of cash flow needs including cash flow projections to determine their profitability and financial viability of the project prior to USADF funding.
- Assist prospective USADF grantees in conducting market research, costing and determination of selling prices of their products that would support the grantees to remain profitable.
Summarize the various analyses for project documents prepared by technical consultants and make recommendations on the viability of the proposed investments.
- Conduct site visits to USADF grantees to monitor and assess their activities, financial records and capabilities and report thereon as appropriate to the USADF.
- Regularly visit grantees to discuss project progress, resolve issues or problems, and answer any questions or concerns of the grant recipients. This will include assessment of the quality of work performed by goods or services providers to ensure effective vendor performance.
- Consider and develop a short list of suppliers of goods and services required for potential USADF grantees’ projects; and in consultation with the professional staff on the Program and external technical consultants to obtain the necessary suppliers ‘pro forma’ invoices for such projects.
- Develop a data base that would assist the professional staff on the Program in the discussion and identification of all possible means for the potential USADF grantees’ projects to result in technically and financially viable enterprises.
- Work with recipients to develop systems to track grantee activity against grant implementation plans and record the progress of grantees compared to performance measures of the grant.
- Review all performance reports and quarterly financial reports of the beneficiaries, to assess progress and achievement of objectives, recommend relevant actions for remediation, and answer any questions and concerns raised by USADF and the grantees.
- Assist grantees with the USADF administrative paperwork and processes to receive disbursements, adjust project activities, submit progress reports; and submit all required documents in a timely manner;
- University degree in community development, finance, management, sociology or related business discipline attained not less than five years ago; and with high computer literacy.
- A Masters degree in project finance and management or related disciplines will be an added advantage.
- Five years or more of professional work experience in project development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of projects and investments at the community level.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in conducting analysis of projects and reporting thereon, and effective communication with grantees and donors.
- Practical experience gained from working with USAID / USADF funded projects will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants are advised to submit applications attaching their updated CVs, including contact email and telephone contacts of three referees, not later than 19 October 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Shortlisted candidates will be required to present their original certificates during the interviews.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Cezam and Associates Limited (CEZAM)Similar Jobs
- ICT Coordinator at Habitat for Humanity
- Research Officer at Precision Agriculture for Development (PAD)
- Job Opportunities at Tax Justice Network Africa (TJNA) - 2 Positions
- IT Officers at University of Maryland
- Researcher at Voluntary Service Overseas
- Africa Director at WYG
- Social Protection Strategist at Oxfam
- Latest Recruitment at World Food Programme