We’re more than 20,000 dedicated employees focused on developing solutions to help farmers have better harvests while using resources more efficiently. We work to help farmers grow crops in a more sustainable way. We think holistically about how food is grown so farmers have the tools they need to have better harvests - so a balanced plate of meats, grains, fruits and vegetables is within reach of every family.
To Manage the activities of the quality system, dealing with Quality Management System, Support Customer Complaint Management, and Continual Improvement Projects focusing on Quality Improvements and Trainings to Supply Chain teams. Guide improvement and sustenance of the Quality Management system for the Africa supply Chain Organization.
- Supporting the supply chain team in setting up procedures and guidelines for effective Quality Management Systems.
- Review outsourced processes which affect the Quality Management System or the quality of the products and set controls in place.
- Set a process to make sure availability of relevant documents at appropriate points of use with proper control.
- Review Quality Objectives of each function and the Quality Policy at defined intervals.
- Develop a quality management system organization with proper representation from each function; set targets, review outcomes and establish a sound internal communication process.
- Lead or support quality management system management review meetings in the region ensuring follow up and best practice sharing.
- Review the competency, training and training effectiveness evaluations of people working in manufacturing functions in association with line managers
- Improvement and transformation of the quality management system from the newest ISO standard.
- Support documentation requirements of various quality, compliance, certification and accreditation programs such as ISO 9001 & ETS.
- Review gap analysis and reviews of Product and Process requirements, Non-Conforming product / process Handling process; set controls and tracking throughout the cycle.
- Guide the team during problem solving processes. Track corrective and preventive actions for manufacturing problems & gaps.
- Keep a track on Continual Improvement projects.
- Arranges to register complaints in GIMS, plans Root Cause Analysis and related tests, reviews test updates.
- Support the complaints manager to assess the severity of complaints, arrange field visits for severe complaints and support sales team for quick corrective actions in the field.
Key areas of responsibility
- ISO 9001-2008/ 2015 Certification.
- Timely completion of Internal audits, MR meetings and other quality management system goals linked to manufacturing functions.
- Updates in Procedures, Work Instruction and Forms
- Effective Trainings and Training effectiveness evaluations in Supply Chain.
- Customer complaint validation – accuracy of analysis and timely conclusion.
- Manufacturing functions from quality management system perspective.
- Process controls in Supply Chain functions through quality management system.
Education & Experience & Competency requirement
- Tertiary education in Agricultural Science. A postgraduate degree in the relavent field is an added advantage
- A minimum of 10 years of relavant work experience
- A minimum 3 years’ experience in the Seed or agriculture related industry
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Quality Management Systems
- Fluent in English
- SAP, MS Office software (Excel, E-mail, Word, Project etc
- ISO auditor
- Sound knowledge of Seed production
- Sound knowledge of Quality Management Systems in an agricultural environment with a focus on seed
- General knowledge of Supply Chain processes.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong organizational and planning ability (Setting appropriate milestones and demonstrating forward progress)
- Strong teamwork (flexibility to work across the areas and positively influencing others)
- Establish clear direction and making decisions on a timely manner
- Good problem solving skills
- Result oriented
- Regular travel between sites
- The ability to fit within the Monsanto culture and work ethic
Join our global team where your contribution will make a real difference
We are looking for enthusiastic and committed candidates. Placements will be made in line with Monsanto’s Employment Equity Policy.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Monsanto Company career website on www.linkedin.com to apply