Alere is now Abbott. We develop diagnostic tests that help patients by delivering reliable and actionable information.
The Product Marketing Manager role will be responsible for supporting the development and execution of the assigned portfolio for East Africa. They will drive the acquisition, analysis and distribution of key market and customer data, and be responsible for delivering information and insights to identify new market opportunities for the region as well as compete effectively in our existing product and market segments. They will observe the patient pathway to develop companion testing solutions that improve case finding and linkage to care. They will also work externally with customers and users to understand needs and growth prospects for our business. Finally, they will partner with global and regional commercial team to launch new innovations.
This is an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated, communicative and analytical individual to add value and capability to a fast growing organization while improving patient lives. The role will be based in Kenya .
- Support commercial leaders with market development activities such as roadshows, advisory board meetings, trade show presence, etc. Take from concept to execution
- Support marketing manager to develop and implement strategic and tactical plans. Coordinate efforts of internal cross-functional teams to ensure timely execution of tactics and programs within specified budgets.
- Develop effective sales training tools to support the field sales team in interpreting clinical data, guidelines, product benefits and competitive positioning.
- Develop keen understanding of workflow and lean benefits of products, refining product positioning and developing key messages for customers.
- Build and maintain a database for tracking key market data for the region. Includes cleaning, organizing and analyzing the market data
- Track and analyze funding, pricing and volume trends for major product categories
- Perform ad hoc market assessments based on review of epidemiological, economic and healthcare data
- Support primary and secondary market research projects
- Assist with qualitative and quantitative market research to develop new insights into the market and recommend appropriate changes in positioning and key messages as necessary.
- Monitor and communicate competitive activity and market trends as well as formulating strategic responses.
- Act as primary contact for interactions with field based reps about product related inquiries.
- Liaison with sales for demand planning and forecasting.
Other duties as assigned
Background and Key Success Factors
- BA/BS required in science, engineering, marketing, finance, business process or other equivalent field
- Successful marketing and/or sales experience
- Strong communication skills, strong collaborative skills
- Attention to detail, comfortable with Powerpoint and story telling
- Strong Excel skills required. CRM knowledge would be useful
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, attention to detail
- Can do attitude, passion for healthcare
French speaking is a requirement
Desired Skills and Experience
- Product Marketing
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Alere Inc career website on www.aplitrak.com to apply