Andela is a network of technology leaders dedicated to advancing human potential. We help companies build high-performing distributed engineering teams by investing in Africa’s most talented software developers. Based in NYC, SF, Lagos, Nairobi, and Kampala, Andela is catalyzing the growth of tech ecosystems across the African continent while solving the global technical talent shortage.
About the Role
The Social Media Manager will be responsible for managing all social platforms for Andela, including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin. He/she will be expected to communicate with prospective developers, partners, and the tech community at large to grow Andela’s online presence. This includes managing social media pages and liaising with various departments to amplify Andela news, events and activities. We also expect the Social Media Manager to be active in the local and global developer communities, through social group participation, and forum engagement.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Developing storylines campaigns and engaging content centered around social media.
- Editing, proofreading and improving posts.
- Creating new strategies beyond traditional posting to reach a new audience and raise Andela’s profile.
- Working with the studio team to generate images to accompany posts.
- Identifying and prioritizing social media marketing opportunities.
- Developing a long term, sustainable and achievable social media strategy for social channels and ensure alignment with business goals.
- Research and monitor competitor, tech communities and client online activities to draw strategic insights.
- Assisting in creating, targeting and analyzing advertisement for each social media platform.
- Ensuring brand consistency.
- Build and grow a following on social media, connecting with each other to a community level.
- Uncover and refine the key community insights that drive engagement and participation in the online stage.
- Early adoption of emerging social media platforms, popularizing them and growing a following.
- Managing the communities by reducing spammers and steering the discussions to remain relevant.
- Constantly engaging the followers by kick starting interesting and thought provoking discussions.
- Getting strategic insights from the online community
- Provide real time or near real time responses to all queries on social media.
- Intimately understand Andela business and channel queries to the right function whilst managing the audience.
- Provide creative responses and contribution to discussions with an acceptable sense of humour.
Reporting and Analysis
- Analyse key metrics and tweak the social media strategy as needed.
- Determine the key reports for each function at Andela that will be a direct or indirect consumer of social media output.
- Provide commentary and participate in strategy alignment from the reports given.
- Provide ad hoc reports as requested.
- Business-related degree or diploma from a reputable institution.
- Formal experience in social media management.
- Outstanding communication skills, written and spoken.
- Strong knowledge of Brand Management.
- 3 year proven track record in creating and executing on a social media strategy.
- Robust personal social media presence.
EPIC Values Alignment
Demonstrable commitment to the learning & development of people and technology
The ability to learn new things fast enough to amaze your friends and family
If the above sounds like an exciting role to you, please tell us why you believe you’re a good fit and we’ll be in touch.
Benefits & Compensation
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Breakfast, lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds on the planet
- Oh, and a chance to change the world!
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Andela career website on boards.greenhouse.io to apply