Shift Quality Lead at Diageo
Posted on: 10 October, 2017
Deadline: 10 October, 2017
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at Diageo
Diageo is the world’s leading premium drinks company, a business built on the principles and foundations laid by the giants of our industry. Arthur Guinness, John Walker and his sons and all those many talented people that followed in their footsteps, cared deeply about the people, businesses they fostered, and the communities in which they operated. Today we stand on the shoulders of these giants and act with the same entrepreneurial spirit.
Proposed Level: L6
Reports To: Shift Operations Manager
- Kenya Breweries Ltd is the largest producer of alcoholic and adult non-alcoholic beverages in the country. At the Nairobi site, the company has a capacity of >5.5 million Hls of beer and >1.5million for spirits. The Kisumu site is designed to supply to the high demand for senator lager and senator dark lager beers.
- The Kisumu plant is designed with the capacity for end to end manufacturing operations starting with raw materials and supplying the end product to the customer.
Purpose of Role
- To provide timely analytical measurement activities to operations team to guarantee Quality assurance at every stage and on the finished product while meeting the production targets.
- To provide quality technical support in problem solving in operations and carry out training on quality assurance processes at all processing stages for operators.
- Provide training to operators for quality assurance of online measurement systems.
- Adherence to all company safety regulations including operating equipment in adherence to the safety guidelines to ensure all safety requirements for self and those working around the machines are met
- Ensuring that chemical reagents and equipment are well calibrated. Ensure that processes are accurate and checking the performance of measuring systems.
- Preparation and certification of reagents for use by operator and third party chemical providers.
- Carry out laboratory measurements as per the sampling schedule and in accordance to the SOPs and ensure 100% results reliability.
- Real time posting of materials out of quality stocks location.
- Develop and sustain SPC (statistical process control) for quality analysis
- Train operators on online meters calibration and accuracy check.
- Develop and participate in inter lab ring scheme programme to guarantee lab accuracy and certification.
- Analysis and coordination of monthly samples. Ensuring that actions arising from samples are handled. To monitor process critical control points and data generation.
- Recording, processing and reporting of in process quality data and IPQI and raising actions for improvement.
- Leading RCPs and 5whys for quality related failures.
- Conduct measurement and data surveys aimed at process control improvements.
- Sustaining the hygiene state of the laboratories plants in accordance to the food safety standard by ensuring cleaning schedule is adhered to and CI activities are carried out to eliminate sources of dirt.
- Participate in ISO and food safety audits preparations
- Participate in scheduled deep/technical cleaning activities to guarantee microbiological sterility.
- Champion hygiene and 5S activities in the process to ensure high level awareness in the entire team
- Ensure Implementation of Food safety, Quality, Environment and Safety Management Systems according to FSSC 22000, ISO 9001, ISO14001 and BS 18001 requirements respectively
- Complies with flexi deployment on shift to deliver improvement targets
- A holder of BSc. in food science and technology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Industrial Chemistry or microbiology
- Minimum of 2 - 3 years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of Quality, Safety and Environmental Management systems.
- Working Knowledge in Microbiology/ hygiene, Brewing and Packaging process.
Type of Job
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Diageo career website on sjobs.brassring.com to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about DiageoSimilar Jobs
- Area Sales Manger at SC Johnson
- Engineering Director at an FMCG Company - Millar Cameron
- Procurement Executive at Tetra Pak
- Quality Analyst at Guinness
- Media Manager at Coca-Cola Company
- Quality Analyst at Diageo
- Service Technician at Flexi Personnel Ltd
- Job Openings at Genjoy Ltd - 2 Positions