Location: Mombasa ( with occasional travel to Nairobi and Nakuru)
- Accountable for the Human Resources function for operations in Kenya.
Partner with the business providing both strategic and tactical support to the three business areas tea, grains & grain silo storage to achieve its goals and new business growth opportunities.
- Work alongside our shared services teams in Europe.
- Partner with business and support for business growth providing HR solutions with tactical action plans having oversight of three locations.
- Collaborate with Europe HR function leads to support talent management, development and retention, working closely with local management
- Coach local HR team with a view of developing and raising the bar on performance.
- Deliver HR policies and practices that are compliant with Cargill corporate guidelines, country labour and Manpower Regulations, Social Framework and EHS rules.
- Ensure you provide industry related – market competitive compensation and benefit programs, through external benchmarking
- Manage industrial /labour relations, assisting with union negotiations, compliance & relationship essential; handle labour disputes; handle disciplinary issues; Labour injury claims. Work permits.
Lead employee engagement & change initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree in either Human Resources, Social Sciences, Arts or Business
- 8 years + in Human Resources
- Must have a current practicing certificate with IHRM
- HR management level, participating in HR strategy and in complex business environments
- Experience working in a multi-national
- Payroll experience desired to manage the process
- Experience of difficult blue collar labour intensive environments
- Active participation in trade union & bargaining council negotiations
- Experience in the Commodity Trading, Silo or Shipping and Tea warehousing industry desirable
- Ability to operate at both strategic and tactical levels
- Ability to deal with ambiguity
- Ability and confidence to engage and influence at senior levels
- Fluent in English due to the nature of the international organization, a good command of Kiswahili language is desired,
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Data Privacy management