HIAS is the global Jewish nonprofit organization that protects refugees—including women and children, and ethnic, religious, and sexual minorities—whose lives are in danger for being who they are.
Reporting To: Administration and Logistics Manager
The reliever driver will be required to provide effective transport facilitation to staff and clients in order to attain the objectives of the organization.
This position is on a temporary basis, as the person will be filling in for the drivers/dispatch officers who are not available because of either; vacation leave, illness or busy schedules.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Drive vehicle for official travel and business, or as requested.
- Maintain high standard of service to both internal and external guests.
- Ensure punctuality and safe transport
- Observing the road and traffic laws and regulations of the Country.
- Ensure that safe driving practices are adhered to including local driving codes and internally agreed standards.
- Ensure vehicle is kept clean, tidy and in good working condition at all times
- Ensure vehicle is kept secure at all times
- Ensure vehicle is given regular/day-to-day maintenance checks: check oil, water, battery, brakes, tyres, etc.
- Ensure vehicle repairs are carried out properly by official manufacturers specifications
- Arrange for other repairs, prepare vehicle spare parts inventory
- Prepare and submit vehicle monitoring report, including records of vehicle operations, maintenance, expenses, mileage as required
- Log official trips, daily mileage, gas consumption, oil changes as required.
- Provide assistance to the Operations Manager and other office staff in the time working at the office, in tasks including but not limited to photocopying and filing.
- Handling mail, delivering goods and correspondences, carrying parcels, packages, and delivery and collection of official documents as required
- Minimum of Secondary school education is preferred with a Minimum of Grade C.
- Must have a clean and valid driving license of classes B, C, and E
- Should have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in driving 4WD vehicles, Nissan Vans and school bus.
- Practical knowledge of Computer Applications such as EXCEL, ACCESS, Word, PowerPoint and Internet
Skills & Competencies
- Flexibility and ability to stand in for other drivers when required to do so is necessary.
- Good inter-personal, communication (English and Kiswahili-written and spoken) a must.
- Must have good knowledge of Nairobi and its environs
- Basic mechanical knowledge is an advantage.
Method of Application
Applicants should please send a cover letter, resume and a copy of certificate of good conduct to firstname.lastname@example.org. Indicate Vacancy position job title in the subject line.
Important: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.