Sheer Logic Management Consultants (SLMC) was incorporated in 1997 as a limited liability company whose overall aim is to provide Human Resource consultancy and training services to a diverse set of industries and economic sectors; both private and public. Our Vision is to become an integrated Centre of Excellence in Management Advisory, Training and Organizational Development within Eastern and Central Africa. Sheer logic is currently recruiting a Warehouse Manager for our client who will be based in West Nyanza.
Managing people, processes and systems and make sure productivity targets are met. They also oversee the maintenance of warehouse and labour-management systems and may be involved in operating automated storage and retrieval systems.
- Maintaining, receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controlling inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Having a clear understanding of the company’s policies and vision and how the warehouse contributes to these
- Coordinating the use of automated and computerised systems where necessary e.g Sage Pastel.
- Keeping stock control systems up to date and making sure inventories are accurate
- Motivating, organising and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity targets are met or exceeded
- Maintaining standards of health and safety, hygiene and security in the work environment
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
Performance Measures and Targets
- Monitoring stock levels.
- Administering stock control
- Ensuring that quality objectives and delivery deadlines are met
- Processing work orders
- 1-2 years’ experience
- Degree in logistics, supply chain management or business administration
- Valid BCE driver’s licence and a certificate of good conduct.
Specialist knowledge required:
- Supervision, Developing Budgets, Safety Management, Developing Standards, Managing Processes,
- Surveillance Skills, Inventory Control, Reporting Skills, Analysing Information, Equipment Maintenance, Judgment
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Management and Supervision skills
- Ability to implement process improvement initiatives
- Vehicle tool kit
- Mobile phone
- Safety Kit
Method of Application
Applicants should forward application and detailed C.V stating your current position, remuneration, contact details by 13th October 2017 to the Sheer Logic Management Consultants E- Mail: email@example.com clearly marking –The position on the subject line “Warehouse Manager”.