War Child Holland (WCH) is an international NGO investing in a peaceful future for children and youth aff ected by armed confl ict. WCH has been working in Uganda since 2004. From 2017, WCH has focused on responding to the large infl ux of refugees from South Sudan into Uganda through establishing a Refugee Response Programme to provide psycho-social support (PSS).
PSS is one of the three pillars of WCH (PSS, education and child protection). WCH is therefore looking for a qualified hands-on Program Manager/Developer (PM), with solid knowledge of child protection and psychosocial programmes.
- To develop new programs and donor strategies for WCH.
- To Support institutional fundraising plans and provide technical assistance to WCH programs.
- To organise, plan and manage programs according to the War Child Holland methodology.
- To manage, develop, coach and mentor program department staff .
- To actively participate and represent WCH in partnership meetings/platforms and develop relationships with local partners, donors and international agencies.
- To compile and submit regular timely reports to the Country Director, Consortium partners and donors
- Post-graduate degree in International Development, Child Protection, Psychology, Education, Social Sciences or equivalent demonstrable experience in relevant fi elds (social work, community development);
- Minimum seven years senior management experience of development programs with leadership responsibilities;
- A successful track record in initiating, cultivating and securing support from a range of institutional and government donor agencies;
- Strong diplomacy skills; ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with partners, donors and other stakeholders in a sensitive environment;
- Experience of monitoring and evaluation methodologies, tools and systems (participatory methodologies);
- Excellent English writing ability and verbal skills for project proposals, reports and communications;
Affi nity with WCH’s mandate.
- Specialization in Education.
- Strong technical s kills in psycho social support or Child Protection.
- Knowledge of Uganda and of Great Lakes Region dynamics (economic and socio-political context);
The opportunity to start a new programme and make a real contribution to program development and country (and global) strategy in a fl exible, inclusive, and creative – but evidence oriented – organisation;
The opportunity to work in collaboration with an outstanding Research and Development team at HQ level;
A fair salary and comprehensive secondary benefi ts including opportunities to develop and learn professionally;
You will be located in Uganda, based in Kampala with travel in-country occasional travel to Amsterdam and possibly in the region;
The contract for is for at least 1 year in this position, with the intention to prolong.
War Child Holland Vacancy
- Program Manager (PM) – One Position Based in Kampala (with regular ﬁeld visits)
- Start date: As soon as Possible
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to career website on warchild.onlinevacatures.nl to apply