The Aga Khan University (AKU) is a private, not for profit, International University first established in 1983, with 11 teaching sites in eight countries.
Reporting to the Manager, Risk Management, the incumbent will be responsible to assist in implementation of the risk framework within the University to further strengthen and influence culture of risk awareness and its management.
- Supporting and providing expertise for risk management in academic or health areas
- Assist in planning, designing and implementing an overall risk management process for the organization
- Perform risk assessment, which involves analyzing risk as well as identifying, describing and estimating the risk affecting the business
- Establish and quantify the organization’s ‘risk appetite’, i.e. the level or risk they are prepared to accept
- Explore information technology solutions for an integrated control environment reports
- Design reports and document procedures for completing the risk register requirements that will be useful for the Risk team, management, executive and the board
- Evaluate risks which involve comparing estimated risks with criteria established by the organization and evaluating the organization risk handling
- Develop risk policy, maintain updates and changes and ensure it is properly communicated and maintained on the intranet
- Implement change management, get involved in training and communicating risk issues and develop training curriculum throughout the organization
- Sharing best practices within the team and championing subject matter expertise to improve the department’s delivery and impact
Qualification & Experience
- Bachelors’/Master’s degree in related discipline
- Professional qualification or risk certification would be advantageous
- At least 5 years of related experience with previous exposure to risk management and or qualifying assurance
- Excellent problem-solving skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good leadership skills
- Ability to travel and work within global team with responsibilities across regions and to manage a varied workload and prioritize effectively and to cope under pressure
Method of Application
Applicants should send a detailed Curriculum Vitae, names of three referees, clearly indicating current & expected pay should be sent to, the Manager, Recruitment, Aga Khan University Hospital, email@example.com so as to reach not later than 31st October, 2017.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted