Join Terumo BCT as we unlock the potential of blood. We are the world leader in blood component technology, delivering products, services and solutions for customers and their patients worldwide. Through collaboration with our customers and a commitment to innovation, we are the only company with the unique combination of apheresis, manual and automated whole blood processing and pathogen reduction technologies coupled with robust technology, innovation and core competencies in therapeutic apheresis, cell collections and cell processing.
As the largest medical device manufacturing company headquartered in Colorado, we are home to more than 2,300 associates and our products are in use in more than 125 countries and territories. Our Global footprint includes more than 5,500 associates and partners with regional headquarters in Brussels, Buenos Aires, Singapore and Tokyo.
DISTRIBUTOR FIELD SERVICE COORDINATOR SSA
Support and monitor the field service activities on Terumo BCT products by distributors within Sub Sahara Africa, ensuring a high level of technical service, according to established standards, within EMEA.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensure that Terumo BCT Customers receive the expected service level.
- Actively participate to on-site service and/or preventative maintenance activities as business requires, especially at the initial roll-out of the Terumo BCT business within territory.
- Support distributors to ensure strong technical customer support:
- Evaluate technical service team and coordinate training needs.
- Keep the overview on open issues, coordinate with technical service issues and transmit non-technical questions to commercial consultants, or the clinical department, as appropriate.
- Drive, support and monitor timely implementations of Field Actions.
- Monitor service performance, reporting and the quality of service offered to customers.
- Monitor & audit the distributors in a regular way for compliance with Terumo BCT service procedures and expectations, including the implementation of corrective actions as needed.
- Pre and Post sales support on Terumo BCT machines and their applications.
- Collect and store Dlogs on server, accessible by clinical, R&D, marketing.
- Complete administration and documentation per organization policy and procedures
- Assure the delivery and regular update of service documents used by Technical Service Engineers.
- Work and collaborate effectively with all colleagues including commercial representatives, customer care representatives, clinical specialists and customers.
- Conduct technical service training as per certified product knowledge and training capabilities.
- Communicate technical findings to appropriate in-house personnel (e.g. product specialist, marketing, medical affairs, field implementation).
- Responsible and accountable for all assigned company assets.
- Perform any other additional duties or projects as assigned.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
Min. Bachelor of Engineering certificate or equivalent
5 or more years of applicable experience or as a Field Service Representative with a consistent high performance preferably in healthcare sector
- In line with Terumo BCT’s Core competencies: Ensures Accountability, Instills Trust, Customer Focus, Collaborates, Plans & Aligns
- Speaks, reads and writes English and French, any other language would be an added value.
- Strong process oriented in compliance with existing procedures.
- Strong analytical thinking as well as the ability to apply logical methods in identifying and solving technical problems.
- Requires high level of organizational and territory management skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated managerial courage.
- Basic IT knowledge hardware/software.
- Strong Team player.
- Relates well to a wide variety of cultures.
- Demonstrated accountability for field service administrative tasks., with eye for accuracy. Requires the ability to carry out the physical requirements of the job including physical transport, lifting, pulling, twisting and operation of equipment.
- Possesses a valid driving license for a car.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Certified technical training and Certified technical trainer for assigned products that the employee will train others on.
- Based: Kenya office, EMEA
- Reporting to: EMEA Field Service Manager
- Travel: up to 65% – free to travel within territory
Join Terumo BCT as we Unlock the potential of blood.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to Terumo BCT career website on careers.terumobct.com to apply