If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
WFP works to put hunger at the center of the international agenda, promoting policies, strategies and operations that directly benefit the poor and hungry. As the food aid arm of the UN, WFP uses its food to meet emergency needs and support economic & social development. The Agency also provides the logistics support necessary to get food aid to the right people at the right time and in the right place.
Job holders provides support to team and to beneficiaries and report to the relevant Reception Supervisors. At this level, work is carried out under close supervision and job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work.
To deliver business support tasks, to ensure that staff are effectively supported.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Verification of beneficiaries through fingerprint, participating in beneficiary contact monitoring,
- Ensuring and adhering to standard operating procedures at the food distribution point.
- Data entry/cleaning during surveys, issuing of beneficiary voucher sim cards, replacement of the lost voucher sim cards, issuing and resetting of pins to the beneficiary.
- Collect, sort and disseminate correspondence, reports and other materials, to meet the required demands of staff to time standards.
- Respond to simple routine queries with readily available support by senior staff, and escalate where appropriate, in order to provide a timely and accurate response to enquiries.
- Support the maintenance of office files, documents and records in accordance with established systems and processes, so that information is current and readily available for staff.
- Undertake standard data entry tasks in accordance with defined systems, to ensure information is organized and readily available.
- Assist in creating simple images or information using standardized templates, such as graphs or tables to support the drafting of reports for staff.
- Participating in food prepositioning, premixing, referring to litigation desks for further verification if need be.
- Any other extra duties by the supervisor.
4Ps CORE ORGANISATIONAL CAPABILITIES
- Understand and communicate the Strategic Objectives: Builds an understanding of WFP’s Strategic Objectives.
- Be a force for positive change: Approaches individual tasks and responsibilities with a positive attitude and demeanor.
- Make the mission inspiring to our team: Understands the impact of WFP activities in beneficiary communities.
- Make our mission visible in everyday actions: Connects individual tasks and responsibilities to unit’s goals and mission.
- Look for ways to strengthen people’s skills: Seeks opportunities to build and enhance individual skills.
- Create an inclusive culture: Demonstrates respect and understanding for diversity and cultural differences.
- Be a coach & provide constructive feedback: Identifies and approaches colleagues or supervisors to serve as coaches.
- Create an “I will”/”We will” spirit: Sets clear goals and measurable targets for own tasks and responsibilities.
- Encourage innovation & creative solutions: Assesses own tasks and responsibilities to find ways to be more efficient.
- Focus on getting results: Maintains accurate records of completion times and tasks in own areas of responsibility.
- Make commitments and make good on commitments: Understands responsibilities and the metrics associated with own tasks.
- Be Decisive: Notifies supervisors of dangerous situations or potential issues that may arise while in the field or office.
- Connect and share across WFP units: Understands WFP’s organizational structure, including the purpose and mission of each unit.
- Build strong external partnerships: Supports team in working with colleagues and WFP’s partners in the field toward common goals.
- Be politically agile & adaptable: Maintains a professional and courteous relationship with other WFP employees and partners in the field.
- Be clear about the value WFP brings to partnerships: Understands own team’s contributions in its partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Academic Qualifications and Experience:
Successful completion of secondary school education (KCSE), supplemented with experience or additional education in social services, nutrition, agriculture or other related field.
At least two years’ progressively responsible support experience including at least one year in the field of, nutrition, community work, food assistance management, refugee operations, agriculture or other related field.
- Training and/or experience in using computers including Word, Excel and other relevant software.
- Strong inter-personal skills; courtesy, tact and the ability to work and communicate effectively with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Proven ability to work in a team environment and achieve common goals.
- Ability to follow standard business support processes and procedures.
- Ability to recognise data discrepancies and bring these to the attention of supervisor and/or officer;
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision;
Language: Good written and spoken English and fluent Kiswahili.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Interested and qualified Candidates are requested to submit online applications on E-Recruitment. Female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
If you have any queries relating to this VA please send them to: Nairobi.Hr@wfp.org.
WFP is an equal opportunity employer and does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process.Only short listed applicants will be contacted.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to World Food Programme (WFP) career website on career012.successfactors.eu to apply