If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Old Mutual is an international investment, savings, insurance and banking group. For over 170 years we have been serving the growing insurance and investment needs of our customers, helping them achieve their lifetime financial goals.
Old Mutual’s purpose of “Enabling Positive Futures” is to help our customers thrive by enabling them to achieve their lifetime financial goals. We believe that a great customer experience is rooted in a great employee experience, and we strive to enable our employees to Find Their Greatness through a Great Career, at a Great Global Company, with Great Leaders, a Great Culture and Great Rewards and Recognition.
Reporting to the Group Managing Director, General Insurance, the incumbent will be responsible for ensuring sound and disciplined Underwriting, Reinsurance, Key Account management and implementation of the Risk based rating model within East Africa.
The key objectives for this position are: -
- Ensure that the Risk Based Rating Model is developed, tested and implemented in the region.
- Support Underwriting managers in the region on technical underwriting for large accounts acquisition and renewals
- Liaise with the Business Development teams in the region when negotiating for large accounts
- Focus on the growth of the profitable property insurance classes such as fire, engineering, marine and political violence and terrorism (PVT).
- Support the agriculture team to develop, grow and service agriculture insurance.
- Review and recommend changes in Underwriting policy and guidelines/philosophy in the region as necessary
- Oversee collection, clean-up and presentation of reinsurance data to reinsurers/reinsurance brokers to ensure the group continues to have in place a robust and optimal reinsurance program
- Co-ordinate request to reinsurers on ‘special acceptances’, waivers and fronting across the region
- Evaluate reinsurance data and recommend change where applicable to improve on cost and profitability
- Ensure adherence of all regulatory requirements with regards to our reinsurance arrangement in the region
- Review facultative placement partners and recommend changes based on their underwriting philosophy and pattern of reciprocity.
- Ensure that technical teams within the region understand the terms, conditions and limits of the reinsurance program
- Chair the monthly technical results review committee to come up with actions that ensure we remain profitable.
- Participate in the Product Reviews Committee for both repackaged and new products
- Ensure appropriate staffing levels, effective performance management and motivation of staff.
Academic/Professional Qualifications and experience
- MBA degree
- 10 years’ experience,5 in Top Management
Knowledge and Skills
The following key behavioural competencies are required in order to be successful in this role
- Good communication skills
- Current in political and social affairs
- Computer literate
- Diplomacy and tact
- Honesty and Integrity
- Good assessment and analytical skills
- Ability to interact at all levels
- Knowledge of East Africa Insurance market
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to UAP OLD MUTUAL GROUP career website on www.linkedin.com to apply