Kobo Safaris is a reputable travel management company in Eastern and Southern Africa regions and one of the biggest operators in Kenya with our head offices in Nairobi, as well as fully fledged offices in Cape Town and Windhoek. Among the destinations we operate in are Tanzania, Zanzibar, Rwanda, Uganda, South Africa, Namibia, Mauritius, Mozambique, Madagascar, Botswana and Zambia.
Reporting to the Senior Accountant, the Credit Control Accountant is responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical services in order to ensure effective, efficient and accurate financial and administrative operations. The Credit Control Accountant must comply with established policies and procedures.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process creditor payments, vouch supplier invoices against company agreed contract rates as per the company procedure and policy.
- Issue debit notes to correct overcharge by suppliers as per the company procedure and policy.
- Provide monthly creditors payment listing for cash budget planning.
- Update cashbook and carry out monthly bank reconciliation.
- Maintain updated creditors ledgers and Carry out monthly creditors reconciliation as per the company procedures and policy
- Maintain Petty Cash and ensure accurate overhead payments and posting into Pastel.
- Ensure timely payment of overheads invoices and posting.
- Ensure accurate supplier costs in Profit/Loss per file for every booking as per company procedures and policy.
- Ensure accurate payment of travel allowances.
- Accounting for payroll/supplier/debtors journal entries.
Minimum skills and competencies required for this position are as follows:
- Bachelor of Commerce Degree with minimum 2 years work experience
- CPA K. Finalist
- Good understanding of financial reporting standards.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- High level of Integrity and independence.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
- Adaptability and behavioural flexibility
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm, energy and ability to deliver
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Send in your application by clicking the Apply button below