GardaWorld International Protective Services is the international security division of GardaWorld Security Corporation, the world's largest privately owned security company. Our services include static security, consulting, threat monitoring and reporting, crisis response,
Req Id 74142
Finance Director, Kenya / Full time Employee
KK Security Limited (a GardaWorld Company)/ direct reporting line to Finance Director, East Africa Finance with dotted reporting line to MD Kenya.
Place of work/Travel:
Nairobi, Kenya with some travel to where the company has operations and to head office in Dubai, UAE. GardaWorld also have office locations in Washington DC, Belgium, UK, Montreal and Florida that may need occasional visits.
Contact and Cooperation:
Internally: Company-wide with a focus on Kenya business. Main cooperation with the Finance, Operations, HR and Legal departments
Externally: Local and International : banks, suppliers, clients, auditors
The Finance Director, Kenya will provide leadership and coordination of financial and fiscal planning, treasury, and budget management functions for the Kenyan business and ensure accounting procedures and reporting conform to generally accepted accounting principles. Reporting to the Finance Director, East Africa the incumbent is responsible for maintaining consistent accounting standards through the following responsibilities for the Kenya business unit:
- Ensure compliance with all financial statutory reporting requirements;
- Effectively lead the Kenya finance team in a pro-active manner, ensuring daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports are finalized according to parent company instructions and deadlines;
- Implementing and maintaining the CoA as well as P&L and Balance Sheet formats;
- Analysis and evaluation of monthly accounts, reviewing actual performance against budget and forecast, identifying trends and highlighting variances, providing accurate management information;
- Preparation, analysis and reconciliation of monthly books of accounts and GL, including audit file, as well as confirming intercompany balances and recharge allocations;
- Manage bank accounts (opening / closing, new deposits, transfers etc.) and analyse weekly cash flow reports;
- Prepare consolidated monthly and ad hoc reports for the Kenya business, to be sent to the Finance Director, East Africa;
- Manage the preparation and reporting of annual and quarterly budgets as well as monthly reforecasting;
- Management of Accounts Receivables, implementing effective credit control and collection measures to ensure that cash flow is maximised
- Review and evaluate financial policies and procedures and implement enhancements to maximise control;
- Liaise directly with the auditors and prepare information as requested from Parent Company auditors as and when required, also liaise with the Legal department as and when necessary;
- Work closely with the Finance Director, East Africa and assist with any ad hoc duties as required.
- Responsible for payroll.
As delegated and directed by Finance Director, East Africa
The Finance Director, Kenya is accountable to the Finance Director, East Africa for their responsibilities stated in this job description. These responsibilities will be monitored and managed through the mid-year and annual performance review and supported through the monitoring of their KPIs.
- Demonstrates detailed financial awareness at senior leadership level, including Africa experience.
- Assist the senior leadership team to produce workable solution to financial issues;
- Provides others with clear direction and sets measurable and achievable goals for subordinates;
- Writes and speaks clearly, succinctly and correctly.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel, including understanding of pivot tables, macro’s, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of other MS Office systems.
- Excellent command of English is essential.
- Controls costs and thinks in terms of profit and loss and added value.
- Manages time effectively.
- Works in an ethical manner, is systematic, methodical and orderly.
- Demonstrates ability to motivate teams to produce quality output within strict timeframes.
- Ability to work and interact with internal and external stakeholders at all levels
- CPA, CA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent qualification is essential
- Educational background in Finance, Accounting, or any related field.
- Min. 5 years’ experience in similar role.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to GardaWorld career website on jobs.garda.com to apply