Maryland Global Initiatives Corporation (MGIC) is a non-profit affiliate of UMB with a mission to administratively support international operations of UMB Principal Investigators. Our purpose is to provide the administrative infrastructure for sizable and sustained operations outside of the U.S.
Currently, MGIC operates in Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, and Zambia, with registration application in-process in Haiti.
The primary function of this position will be to transfer knowledge and capacity related to PDSA/STOC components and patient health indicator tracking (Performance measurement) and use to indigenous teams working directly with health facility staff in collaboration with facility managers and SCMOH in QI projects.
- Provide capacity building through trainings and mentorship to PACT Timiza supported facilities
- Coordinate facility and Sub-county based teams in liaison with the QIA
- Review QI/PDSA activities as reported by the facility teams on a monthly basis, provide group and individual trainings on CQI models and care delivery improvement and report progress monthly to the QIA.
- Work closely with other specialists to initiate component specific improvement projects and support in developing measurement tools
- Coordinate documentation of QI projects as well as maintaining documentation of the same.
- Provide direct technical assistance and mentorship on health facility
- Mentor facility CQI teams to build local capacity for CQI activities together with Sub-County and county QI champions
- Participate as a member of the County QIC and stakeholders’ forum
- Registered Clinical Officer or registered Nurse
- MPH is an added advantage
- At least 3 years’ experience in organizational development and project implementation,
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience in continuous quality improvement and patient monitoring systems in resource limited settings
- Proficiency in HIV/AIDS knowledge and management
- Exceptional communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft word, excel and power point
- Excellent time management and organizational skills;
- Experience with interpreting and performing statistical analysis and DDIU advocacy
Method of Application
Applicants should send cover letter and an updated CV including names of three professional referees to MGIC_Recruitment@mgic.umaryland.edu on or before 16th October 2017 at noon. Applicants are advised to include the position title “Continuous Quality Improvement Officer” as the subject