If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
ACTED implements more than 450 projects a year towards 11 million beneficiaries in 35 countries, with a budget of 185 million euros. We have 400 international staff and 4300 national staff in our teams. Since 1993, as the second French NGO, ACTED has been committed to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential.
The cook prepares food and drinks for staff (and guests if needed).S/he helps devise new methods of cooking and new menu items.
- Preparation of Food/Drinks
- Take lead role in preparation of meals for ACTED staff and for guests if needed.
- Operates various kitchen appliance such as a blender, oven, grill, or stand mixer
- Estimates expected food consumption and organizes preparation
- Ensure food stuff and supplies are purchased on time in coordination with relevant departments for approvals.
- Keep clear purchasing records and submit reports when needed
- Monitor stock and place orders when there are shortages on a timely manner.
- In collaboration with staff members, alters dishes based on suggestions or requirements ensuring that s/he accommodates staff with allergies or specific diet concerns.
- Ensure timely serving of meals and at the right temperatures as well as good presentation.
- Responsible for cleaning food preparation areas and maintaining a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen
- Any other duty as may be assigned to you by the line manager.
- A Diploma or a certificate in food & Beverages, Housekeeping or catering or related course.
- Proven experience in food and beverage preparation
- Ability to devise new recipes
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bakeware
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods (grilling, baking, boiling etc.)
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures
- Ability to work in a team
- Very good communication skills
- Excellent physical condition and stamina
- Must be creative, honest and a positive attitude to the job
Method of Application
Applicants should send most updated CV and cover letter as a single document with the subject line “APPLICATION FOR COOK NAIROBI” to firstname.lastname@example.org by or before 16h October 2017. Please do not attach any other documents while sending your applications, if required they will be requested at a later stage. Please Note Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.