If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Our actions are guided by medical ethics and the principles of neutrality and impartiality.
- In collaboration with the HR/Finance assistant, review/check all receipts (quality and accuracy) and suppliers payments.
- In collaboration with the HR/Finance assistant, ensure proper physical presentation of receipts on heading paper and description filing.
- Make electronic entries (as defined by the finance manager) in to SAP system. Scanning all the documents and attaching them to the movement in SAP, filing and archiving accounting documents.
- Helping with photocopy and scanning of financial all documents
- Revision and preparation of cash journals
- Assist the HR/Finance assistant in filing of invoices and all financial documents.
- In the absence of the HR/Finance assistant, may carry out payments from the petty cash box as/when
- Assist the HR/Finance assistant in verification and reconciliation of physical documents and input on SAP.
- Undertake accounting records for banking information in SAP and monthly bank tallies.
- Undertake accounting records for cash incoming and outgoing entries
- Relevant Degree in Finance/accounting from a recognized university and/or (minimum) accounting qualification – CPA II
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in accounting/finance/audit, preferable with INGO experience.
- Experience with MSF will be an added advantage.
- Adequate working experience with SAP (preferred), or any other accounting software (QuickBooks/SAGE/Other).
- Knowledgeable of and interested in the international humanitarian context
- Good IT knowledge.
go to method of application »
- In close collaboration with the IT Department in Barcelona, define and plan the ICT strategies and objectives for
the Branch office.
- Together with the Nairobi Office and HR Coordinator and the IT Department in Barcelona, prioritizes the strategic
and tactic ICT demands.
- Together with the Nairobi Office and HR Coordinator and the IT Department in Barcelona, establishes and follows
up the budgetary allocations for the ICT, ensuring planned needs and anticipating costs within the area under
- Provide support for HQ users: attention, registry, prioritisation, resolution and/or scaling of requests, incidents and
consultations in line with established Service Level Agreements (SLAs)
- Carrying out and monitoring the procedures of systems operation so as to guarantee the proper function and
availability of the systems and applications of MSF Nairobi
- Executing and monitoring the procedures regarding the systems security so as to meet the security standards
established by the security policy
- Ensuring efficient functioning of telecommunications for the organization
Managing the security guidelines for the information systems in MSF Nairobi
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar. Extensive IT Service Desk Management with a
proven track record of delivering results and introducing key ITIL disciplines may be accepted in lieu of Bachelor Degree
- Masters in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar will be an added advantage.
- English is required, Swahili desirable. French and/or Spanish will be an asset
- Experience in Service Desk roles and SLAs management
- NGO experience in a similar role
- Experience in IT Operations Management
- Experience working with supporting technologies, including, but not limited to, remote assistance, Active
- Directory, Group policies, and Zendesk
- Desirable knowledge of best practices frameworks and standard methodologies: ITIL, COBIT, SCRUM, Agile, PRINCE2
Method of Application
Applicants should send their curriculum vitae and cover motivation letter as a single file by October 15th 2017 under the reference “FINANCE ASSISTANT ¨ to MSFE-RRHH-NBO@barcelona.msf.org